Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not what I'm telling you at all.

They have a measure of how they judge a 'big chance', I think it's taken from Opta analysis.

My point is you remember Sterling's but not the others, why?
If you can't see what I originally posted there's no point continuing this conversation he surpassed himself last season great amount of goals he scored he's finest season with us ever, but could I'm not taking the piss in my opinion could have got the golden boot he missed some absolute sitters that's not slagging the guy of I'm just stating the facts pal.

If you can't see what I originally posted there's no point continuing this conversation he surpassed himself last season great amount of goals he scored he's finest season with us ever, but could I'm not taking the piss in my opinion could have got the golden boot he missed some absolute sitters that's not slagging the guy of I'm just stating the facts pal.

I can see what you posted but as usual it's being exaggerated where Sterling is concerned and ignored where others are concerned.

According to that PL data I referred to Sterling missed 12 big chances so add them to his tally and he still falls short of Salah's golden boot.

Btw they have Salah at 23 big chances missed.

I can see what you posted but as usual it's being exaggerated where Sterling is concerned and ignored where others are concerned.

According to that PL data I referred to Sterling missed 12 big chances so add them to his tally and he still falls short of Salah's golden boot.

Btw they have Salah at 23 big chances missed.
What do they class as chances 5 yards out 10,feet etc they are probably not very reliable if you dig deep in to them

What do they class as chances 5 yards out 10,feet etc they are probably not very reliable if you dig deep in to them

Maybe but they're all being measured by the sane yardstick.

My point is that every time Sterling misses a good chance it's highlighted to the nth degree, whereas as others are just brushed aside as they can be forgiven for missing that one because look at the amount they do score, Sterling is not afforded that luxury.

And yes I do believe his finishing could do witb improvement, I think when he has time to think he tends to mess up.

Maybe but they're all being measured by the sane yardstick.

My point is that every time Sterling misses a good chance it's highlighted to the nth degree, whereas as others are just brushed aside as they can be forgiven for missing that one because look at the amount they do score, Sterling is not afforded that luxury.

And yes I do believe his finishing could do witb improvement, I think when he has time to think he tends to mess up.
I agree I also think he has this fear factor fuck if I miss this the press etc just before he hits it, your right some players mainly rags, dippers could miss all day and nowt will be said he's unfortunately just been picked on its like the school bully

I agree I also think he has this fear factor fuck if I miss this the press etc just before he hits it, your right some players mainly rags, dippers could miss all day and nowt will be said he's unfortunately just been picked on its like the school bully

It's not that, it is the fact he does lack actual natural ability. His close control, first touch can often be his downfall. I find it mad how people on here prefer to stare as hard as they can at numbers rather than watch a match pan out and judge it that way. He is improving but it is no surprise his actual assets are his pace and movement and clearly is why his England performances are poor that it isn't often put on a plate for him.

It's not that, it is the fact he does lack actual natural ability. His close control, first touch can often be his downfall. I find it mad how people on here prefer to stare as hard as they can at numbers rather than watch a match pan out and judge it that way. He is improving but it is no surprise his actual assets are his pace and movement and clearly is why his England performances are poor that it isn't often put on a plate for him.

He doesn't lack natural ability, ok he's not as aesthetically pleasing as some but it's composure where his issue lies, not ability.

He doesn't lack natural ability, ok he's not as aesthetically pleasing as some but it's composure where his issue lies, not ability.

He does, you cannot lose control as often as he does, miss the chances he does because he lacks the talent and ability to adjust quicker and no what to do before it's even happened. There is no doubt he is improving but he lacks an awful lot ability wise. If Bernado had his pace I don't think Sterling would get a look in. What is key and contributes so much is that movement of his and why his numbers look great.

Out of interest the stats you throw up like big chances missed etc does that involve ones where he finds himself in a good position and doesn't get a shot away. One that springs to mind was Stoke where he allowed the defender to get back and tackle him and Spurs away where he fannied too long in front of goal and didn't even shoot in the end. Is it actual shots, positions what do they measure it with?

He does, you cannot lose control as often as he does, miss the chances he does because he lacks the talent and ability to adjust quicker and no what to do before it's even happened. There is no doubt he is improving but he lacks an awful lot ability wise. If Bernado had his pace I don't think Sterling would get a look in. What is key and contributes so much is that movement of his and why his numbers look great.

Out of interest the stats you throw up like big chances missed etc does that involve ones where he finds himself in a good position and doesn't get a shot away. One that springs to mind was Stoke where he allowed the defender to get back and tackle him and Spurs away where he fannied too long in front of goal and didn't even shoot in the end. Is it actual shots, positions what do they measure it with?

I don't know how they measure it Tom.

It's funny the specifics you recall about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.