Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how they measure it Tom.

It's funny the specifics you recall about him.

It is also funny the stuff you don't recall but like the last two years you only choose certain things to suit your argument. It would probably be best if you didn't quote such stats then if you don't know how they measure them. In terms of ability he does nothing out of the ordinary that makes you go wow this boy really has something here. He wont score a goal like Sane at Liverpool or have raw natural ability that puts him above the rest and that is my point. His goal against Southampton was fantastic but that sort of class, composure and skill is rarely seen. What we do see is his fantastic positioning sense that puts him in the right place at the right time to finish a move off. That isn't a bad thing and people will overlook that praise I am giving him. It has contributed massively to our fantastic season.

If he did have the natural ability you argue then he would still stand out for England, he doesn't because he doesn't often get that service that sees him finish something off (open net on Monday aside) So it would appear he is largely average for England because his other attributes (ability) aren't up to scratch and the team doesn't benefit his great movement. I get ridiculed but there is no evidence to suggest anything else for England.

It is also funny the stuff you don't recall but like the last two years you only choose certain things to suit your argument. It would probably be best if you didn't quote such stats then if you don't know how they measure them. In terms of ability he does nothing out of the ordinary that makes you go wow this boy really has something here. He wont score a goal like Sane at Liverpool or have raw natural ability that puts him above the rest and that is my point. His goal against Southampton was fantastic but that sort of class, composure and skill is rarely seen. What we do see is his fantastic positioning sense that puts him in the right place at the right time to finish a move off. That isn't a bad thing and people will overlook that praise I am giving him. It has contributed massively to our fantastic season.

If he did have the natural ability you argue then he would still stand out for England, he doesn't because he doesn't often get that service that sees him finish something off (open net on Monday aside) So it would appear he is largely average for England because his other attributes (ability) aren't up to scratch and the team doesn't benefit his great movement. I get ridiculed but there is no evidence to suggest anything else for England.

Ok

Exactly, no arguments, no example to prove me wrong. STATS that's all that matters hey. Don't know the reason behind what is highlighted but crack on. STERLING TILL I DIE

Try reading the bolded bits again.

Try reading the bolded bits again.

I said he wouldn't score a goal like Liverpool away for Sane. He wouldn't, where he gets it on the by-line uses skill, pace and power to beat several defenders then lash a powerful shot at goal. His goal against Southampton was a great finish but completely different involving different skills and abilities. People will hit that kind of strike every once in a while we have seen it with Delph and Fernandinho last season. It is why no other Sterling goal is to that level of quality. If you don't understand the differences then it is probably why we are constantly at loggerheads when it comes to Raz.

I said he wouldn't score a goal like Liverpool away for Sane. He wouldn't, where he gets it on the by-line uses skill, pace and power to beat several defenders then lash a powerful shot at goal. His goal against Southampton was a great finish but completely different involving different skills and abilities. People will hit that kind of strike every once in a while we have seen it with Delph and Fernandinho last season. It is why no other Sterling goal is to that level of quality. If you don't understand the differences then it is probably why we are constantly at loggerheads when it comes to Raz.

Apologies I thought you were referring to the goal in the 5-0.

You mean more like this

Apologies I thought you were referring to the goal in the 5-0.

You mean more like this

I do mean more like that yes, nowhere near the standard of Sanes goal but that type of goal yes. The fact you have to go back maybe 18 months for evidence surely proves my point.

I do mean more like that yes, nowhere near the standard of Sanes goal but that type of goal yes. The fact you have to go back maybe 18 months for evidence surely proves my point.
If he's so shit at scoring compared to Sane, how come he got nine more last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.