Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do mean more like that yes, nowhere near the standard of Sanes goal but that type of goal yes. The fact you have to go back maybe 18 months for evidence surely proves my point.

That proves your point that Sterling won't score a goal like that? Really?

That proves your point that Sterling won't score a goal like that? Really?

Ok i will rephrase that, he wont often score a goal like that. the fact he has scored one in three years proves that, the fact you had to dig something out from 18 months ago proves that. Sane does that quite often, a goal at Arsenal this season which he used pace, power and skill to create. One offs are different like I compared to Delph etc. You think he is technically gifted that's fine, the fact the rest of the nation thinks otherwise other than some City fans wont change your mind so nothing well. All about opinions but the vast majority of his goals are close range finishes where he uses his best asset which is movement to score. That isn't an opinion, you only need eyes to know that.

If he's so shit at scoring compared to Sane, how come he got nine more last season?

Because weird people like you are obsessed with numbers rather than watching a match play out. It isn't a Sterling v Sane argument even though it would be a non contest. My comparison was about natural raw ability where there is miles difference between them. Both are valuable to this squad

Ok i will rephrase that, he wont often score a goal like that. the fact he has scored one in three years proves that, the fact you had to dig something out from 18 months ago proves that. Sane does that quite often, a goal at Arsenal this season which he used pace, power and skill to create. One offs are different like I compared to Delph etc. You think he is technically gifted that's fine, the fact the rest of the nation thinks otherwise other than some City fans wont change your mind so nothing well. All about opinions but the vast majority of his goals are close range finishes where he uses his best asset which is movement to score. That isn't an opinion, you only need eyes to know that.

If he wasn't technically gifted he wouldn't be playing football at the level he is.

This Sane goal at Arsenal?

Because weird people like you are obsessed with numbers rather than watching a match play out. It isn't a Sterling v Sane argument even though it would be a non contest. My comparison was about natural raw ability where there is miles difference between them. Both are valuable to this squad
It's you that's making the comparison with Sane. I don't normally go in for juvenile name calling, but I'll make an exception you weirdo.

Kilbane and Upson calling for knobrash to replace Sterling now. I could understand if the rag had been impressive and offered a real threat but legging it with the ball towards defenders and getting dispossessed isn’t progress.

I will
It is also funny the stuff you don't recall but like the last two years you only choose certain things to suit your argument. It would probably be best if you didn't quote such stats then if you don't know how they measure them. In terms of ability he does nothing out of the ordinary that makes you go wow this boy really has something here. He wont score a goal like Sane at Liverpool or have raw natural ability that puts him above the rest and that is my point. His goal against Southampton was fantastic but that sort of class, composure and skill is rarely seen. What we do see is his fantastic positioning sense that puts him in the right place at the right time to finish a move off. That isn't a bad thing and people will overlook that praise I am giving him. It has contributed massively to our fantastic season.

If he did have the natural ability you argue then he would still stand out for England, he doesn't because he doesn't often get that service that sees him finish something off (open net on Monday aside) So it would appear he is largely average for England because his other attributes (ability) aren't up to scratch and the team doesn't benefit his great movement. I get ridiculed but there is no evidence to suggest anything else for England.

That must be one of the biggest load of crap I've seen on this forum especially the second paragraph. I guess sane doesn't have natural ability because he has been so ineffective when played for germany that they decided not to pick him for the world cup or that doesn't count. And what is natural ability, is it just being able to shoot the ball well or what. sterling has better first touch than sane, can play in tighter spaces better, can play with his back to goal better, can link up play with quick one-two and touches better, is a better passer. So what is this natural ability you speak of. How anyone can watch sterling last season and think he has no natural ability and is just a pace merchant with good movement is beyond me especially for a pep team. Seeing as you don't like stats I will link a video of a 19 y/o sterling with all the natural ability in the world but I'm gonna assume you will find a way to discredit it anyway.

He was very poor on Monday so can't complain about being dropped.

He personally benefits from Pep/City moreso than the other way around (yes, he scored vs Soton & Everton but I didn't say we don't benefit at all) so taking that away renders him looking lost. He'd do well to keep this in mind during contract negotiations.

The bad thing for him is his replacement will get to fill his boots against a bunch of part timers in Panama thus likely relegating Sterling to the bench for the remainder of the WC

He was very poor on Monday so can't complain about being dropped.

He personally benefits from Pep/City moreso than the other way around (yes, he scored vs Soton & Everton but I didn't say we don't benefit at all) so taking that away renders him looking lost. He'd do well to keep this in mind during contract negotiations.

The bad thing for him is his replacement will get to fill his boots against a bunch of part timers in Panama thus likely relegating Sterling to the bench for the remainder of the WC

So you drop someone after one game being poor?

Southgate if he has anything about him will pick the same team unless someone injured. This teams needs playing time together.

So you drop someone after one game being poor?

Southgate if he has anything about him will pick the same team unless someone injured. This teams needs playing time together.

I wouldn't drop him, I'd play 3 up top, but his recent history with England hardly suggests Monday was just a crazy blip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.