Raheem Sterling and Gomez - "bust up" at England camp

Gomez needed consoling for the boos. What a fucking load of bullshit. Sterling obviously enjoys his boos. Fuck off you fucking hypocrite ****s.

Gomez probably did need consoling for the boos. I don't understand why some people on here think that because Sterling was not protected early in his career that now future young players have to suffer injustices that he did.

Sterling has said very clearly that Gomez did nothing wrong, and he shouldn't be booed for it. Raheem should never have been booed himself, and people should have called it out at the time, but maybe one of the reasons Southgate and the squad are criticising this so much is because they know what it did to Sterling (because he's there, in the leadership group and has told them) and won't let it happen again to another young player who doesn't deserve it.

Gomez probably did need consoling for the boos. I don't understand why some people on her think that because Sterling was not protected early in his career that now future young players have to suffer what he did.

He had like 8 people booing him and he needed consoling? No, he didn't. And I don't give a shit if you understand or not, where was that consoling and understanding after Sterling was abused whole his career and only 3-4 day ago at Arsefield? it's a narrative to make a poor dipper an innocent saint and Raz a villain, 3 days after he was acting big guy against Raeem with 40 000 dippers behind himself. Articles that suggest we should never believe he provoked Sterling in any way or form and stuff like that. Was he thinking if Raz needed consoling on that day? Fuck off. I don't give a flying one about Gomez and his feelings.

Booing Gomez is ridiculous, but Liverpool fans moaning about it is the height of hypocrisy given the number of times their players have received death threats from their own fans, and the number of times they've booed England players from rival clubs during England matches, particularly Sterling himself.

Perhaps Southgate, the FA, the media and the scouse faithful will realise people do not blindly believe what they are told.
Anyone watching the game on Sunday witnessed the winding up of Sterling and clearly made their feelings known last night.
Perhaps now the perpetrators of the aggressive tactics employed to intimidate Sterling IE: Liverpool FC and their mindless fans, the shit house that is Michael fucking Oliver who failed to provide any protection and Southgate for his Sunday school approach to dealing with this will accept their blame in turning this whole pathetic episode into a media feeding frenzy.
I urge the pizza salesman , serial loser and full time sanctimonious sack of shit that is Southgate to get used to the booing and hope the Etihad give him the welcome he deserves if and when he has the gonads to turn up again
As for gobshite Gomez get used to being the pantomime villain. Perhaps Raheem can give him some pointers on how to deal with it because your going to get it at every premiership away game - ain’t Karma a woman

Last edited:
You get the feeling SouthGate doesn’t like sterling and has really played this up to make people hate him again. Wouldn’t be surprised if he leaked it himself

Southgate doesn't like Sterling?

When Southgate arrived, Sterling hadn't scored in 18 England games and was playing poorly, with no confidence, missing tap ins regularly and the senior players in the squad thought he needed dropping for his own sake, off the back of being (unfairly) the most hated England player since Beckham in 98.

He then played him for 19 more games without Sterling managing a goal, called him up to every single squad he was manager for, starting him in almost every game until Sterling finally had his big breakthrough against Spain and has started repaying him back with goals and assists galore.

If Gareth Southgate didn't like Sterling, he wouldn't have endured 2 years of performances that were well below his club level as he built up his confidence again in an England shirt, he wouldn't have made Sterling part of England's leadership group, and he wouldn't have made him captain against the Netherlands.

I don't think he's handled this brilliantly, but if you're trying to argue Southgate doesn't like Sterling you're a tin foil hat wearing "9/11-was-an-inside-job" type conspiracy theorist.

Do we know for certain how the incident in the canteen came to be public knowledge? It's hard to believe Southgate just came out and told the press that he was dropping Sterling for disciplinary reasons.

Do we know for certain how the incident in the canteen came to be public knowledge? It's hard to believe Southgate just came out and told the press that he was dropping Sterling for disciplinary reasons.

I don't think it's known.
My assumption is that it got to a journalist from one of the 40+ people around the squad or people connected to them, and that journalist contacted the FA for a comment (from the first reports, it looks like the Times, who are about the most likely to contact the FA before publishing. The FA found themselves in a corner and made a public statement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.