Raheem Sterling and Gomez - "bust up" at England camp

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Chris Holmes, 11 Nov 2019.

1. Chris in London

Chris in London

He just wanted her to moove over

2. old blue

old blue

They were near the door and it was fresian outside.

3. Blueknows

Blueknows

Aw youre just milkin it now

4. Blueknows

Blueknows

Is that why he was booed at every away game started by the scousers and continued around the country but nothing said

MCFCTrick likes this.
  5. Tugay One Cup

Tugay One Cup

Where did you hear that, mate?

6. Man_City_Loyal

Man_City_Loyal

few people were talking about it on twitter, apparently harry kane was also involved.

7. Scaring Europe to Death

Scaring Europe to Death

To be honest, I’m not really that bothered about Sterling being booed at Anfield. They obviously think it works, but I thought he was one of our better players the other week, and on another day, could easily have scored, or assisted for a penalty.

He’s not the first player to be booed (Ashley Cole, Sol Campbell, Adebayor) and he certainly won’t be the last.

However, what I still find irritating, (and I’ve never seen this explained or justified) is why Sterling was booed on his City debut at the Hawthorns on the opening day of 15/16.

I remember him being slaughtered by ex-Liverpool players throughout that summer, but I don’t recall the West Brom fans booing Rooney for leaving Everton, or even Barry for walking out of Villa for City.
    It was certainly nothing to do with his England form, because he had been one of the few players to return from the 2014 World Cup with his reputation intact.

This farce continued throughout his first season, but what exactly had Sterling done to upset West Brom or come to think of it, Bournemouth and Newcastle?

BosnianBlue and GOULDYBOBS like this.
  8. Trevor Morley's Tache

Trevor Morley's Tache

During the 70's and 80's a lot of fans had the Dipper's as their second team (I never understood this), and maybe it's a hangover from that?

9. mat

mat

https://footballisfixed.blogspot.com/2019/11/how-many-people-own-slice-of-southgate.html

Intresting bit of background here.

GOULDYBOBS likes this.
  10. Shirley

Shirley

The booing started at the Ireland vs England game in Dublin whilst he was still a Liverpool player, obviously the dipper influence there. It simply became a copy cat.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/32949838

Raheem Sterling also had an ineffective afternoon and could not escape his contract issues at Liverpool either, with some fans booing him until he was replaced midway through the second half.