Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

There are plenty who have left with a great contribution to our success but not become a gobshite after,he was fucked off cause he was shit for almost 2 years,raging,yea most in the stands were raging.
True but I am taking his comments with a huge pinch of salt and it is more than likely it is the media spewing their usual bile.

Last edited:
I always liked him as a person and as a player(a little less), great acceleration, good technique and dribbles, pace, under Pep he started to move in space very effectively too, but i was always annoyed a LOT by his 2 BIG weaknesses:
To score easy tap ins and annoyed from the countless pointless body feints he was doing while in the penalty or even goal area where he could just shot the damn ball.
These statements here kinda ruin my opinion of him as a honest person since you can't really think he deserved to be a starter most of the times. He was abysmal by times in the last 2 years. He had some really off periods of 3-4 weeks or more.

Anyway life goes on....

I like Sterling and appreciate his contribution to our success during his time at City. However, he didn't need to air these comments to the media and the reason why he wasn't getting more game time is quite simply he was n't playing well enough.
This is exactly right. There is no hard luck or poor me story here.
I've defended Raheem in the last couple of seasons from time to time on account I felt there was an over reaction to him.
However, there is no hiding from the fact he just wasn't playing well enough yo be automatic starter but having said that, he always git plenty of minutes.....including the CL final when he probably didn't deserve it.
Wish he would just be quiet and get on with his new career.
Likewise, I hope City fans give him a good reception as I'm sure we will.

This is exactly right. There is no hard luck or poor me story here.
I've defended Raheem in the last couple of seasons from time to time on account I felt there was an over reaction to him.
However, there is no hiding from the fact he just wasn't playing well enough yo be automatic starter but having said that, he always git plenty of minutes.....including the CL final when he probably didn't deserve it.
Wish he would just be quiet and get on with his new career.
Likewise, I hope City fans give him a good reception as I'm sure we will.
I will just blank him.

It was an unnecessary interview, but reading through the original comments it seemed to me he is genuinely connected with our club and merely hurting because he was no longer a main player and had to exit.

Keep in mind, when all of England, led by the Liverpool gutter press was treating him like a pariah, City was like a sanctuary to him, where he was supported and loved.

It is easy to say he is no longer good enough to be a starter and if he doesn't like it, move on. But must have felt gutted when that was the message he got.

Still, could be more sensible and keep quiet rather than spoiling relations with his club, but I think he and his post move mindset is fundamentally very different from say James Milner. Simone who loved the club and is miserable to be told he is no longer good enough, versus a mercenary who played us along and always wanted to leave.
To be honest I don't think Raheem had a genuine connection to our club, nor did he have with LFC. He was a good player but there is something missing. I am not going to judge him. He did a great job for us and moved on. That's fine but it's a shame he has to badmouth the club. I think he is a complex person. Perhaps he will never be happy. Anyway I won't boo him when he comes back and I wish him well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.