Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

He has gone way down in my book, hope his career goes ever downwards from here, complete lack of acknowledgement of the success he achieved and the support from loyal fans, a mercenary

Sounds a bit like a scorned dipper.

But I shouldn't worry. I can't think of many players who left us and went on to a better career. Denis Law?

He frustrated me to fuck at times but I always defended him . Keep your mouth shut you are just sounding bitter . You know you are just trying to shift the blame to City. No player is justified a starting place,you have to put the hard yards in and in your later days you didn't. Concentrate on winning them Chavs over as they won't be as patient as us. Now fuck off

I've defended Raz to the hilt, loved him playing on the right side for us, not so keen on him on the left and even less playing through the middle.
I don't remember him having a go at the murderers when he left them, quite as a mouse even though they gave him dogs abuse.
Don't think he ever got the club and it's fanbase, think it was just a job for him which paid him a small fortune.
He'll get some stick when he turns up with the chavs, should of kept his mouth shut and not tarnished his time with us.

Yaya is a legend to this city fan if that’s ok with you?

As with Yaya, this silliness should not detract from the best moments. The cross for Gundogan to set up the title is how I want to remember Sterling (and not all the times he didn't do it...)

You say he was never world class and that’s the level we aspire to, but I’ve never in my life seen us have a winger make more of an impact than Sterling during those first two back to back titles. If any of the current wide players get to that level then they’ll have done well for themselves. Something they should aspire to replicate.
Raheem was great thanks to the support and brillliant coaching he got at City but never reached world class levels. He failed in the biggest matches ie Liverpool, United, Real Madrid etc. He was brilliant in the 2017/18 season with Sane on the left. I have always admired him because no one works harder but he was not blessed with the highest technical skills. In a way he has over-achieved so far and I think he will decline at Chelsea.
I have watched City since 1968 and believe we have only had five truly world class players in that time. They are Colin Bell, Ya Ya Toure, David Silva, Sergio, and eventually KDB.

Basically he should have shut up and prove how good he is on the pitch. Watching Zinchenko and Jesus for Arsenal v Bournemouth right now and it is obvious how good they are, but both seem to be hungry and wanting to further their careers with a coach they know well. Sterling has gambled with the Chelsea move, they are unproven and seem to have a bit of a scattergun approach, and he needs to be at his best every week to have anything like as good an experience as he did at City.

I just don't understand him.

Option A: keep mouth shut, leave the club with all parties happy with how it went, and off into the new experience with best wishes.

Option B: gobshite about your "struggles" and "unfair treatment" at City, and ruin not only the legacy and reputation at the previous club, but also have your new clubs fans concerned that that behaviour will occur again.

Whoever is advising him needs a "giggs slap"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.