Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

I think we've got to be mindful that interviewers are deliberately asking him these questions to try to dig up dirt and ill-will. It feels like a point had simply been reached where he felt like he needed to move on.

On the balance of all his years with us, Sterling's overall contribution was excellent. He's a talented and hard-working player with a style of play that offers a specific type of threat that most (and now, perhaps, all) of our other players don't. He scored a whole load of goals.

Over the past couple of years, his quality has dropped off a little from where it once was, and that's coincided with us not having a striker and asking other players, including Sterling, to pitch in and do a job up front when that might not be their best position. Pep's also been moving towards a slightly different type of threat on the wings, opting for the technique and control of the likes of Mahrez, Foden and Grealish.

Our manager famously likes to rotate and very few players are nailed-on starters in every game they're available. Despite Sterling's drop-off in form and a tactical shift away from his biggest strengths, while he did see a reduction in minutes last season, he still played a lot, more than most of our other attaching players. We won the league and he played his part in that. I think he was given every opportunity to show what he could do and make his case for more game-time.

I really do get the impression that signing Grealish put his nose out of joint. The publicity, the wages, adding yet another player to compete with him for minutes, off the back of a summer for England in which Raz had been starting but it seemed like the whole country was clamouring for Jack to come on. I would have loved to see him take that signing as a challenge, but I think he took it as an insult.

I hope he's happy at Chelsea. But I do also hope he never wins another club trophy.

As for moaning about missing his kids birthday, what a fucking pathetic and churlish thing to say.

Try spending 4 months away from home, not able to see either daylight or speak to anyone at home on an annual salary the same as you earn in a day. Oh, and the bad guys are trying to hunt you down.

Spoilt fucking brat
Exactly.

He just confirms how out of touch with reality he is when comments like that are made.
Any working class person,who regularly misses out on Christmas,Birthdays,weekends,social occasions,with family and friends,while surviving on crumbs by comparison.....would readily inform him of that fact.

It’s a bit disappointing to see him behave this way after what on the face of it seemed an amicable parting of ways. We offered him a new contract…he decided he wanted more game time…we didn’t want to lose him on a free…he left and got the club a fee. All nicey, nicey and acceptance from both sides that it was time for him to go and try something new.

If Pep or the club had come out with “he was shit for 2 seasons so he had to go” I could understand him fighting back. Its like he's getting the 1st punch in, despite knowing there was never going to be a punch coming the other way. For him to now turn round and start with this is just plain odd.

At least this interview dispels the nonsense we read on here for months…”Pep picks him so he is obviously happy blah blah blah”. We now know that Pep wasn’t happy with him and told Sterling as much.

We got a couple of fantastic seasons out of him and our money back. Let him shoot his mouth off, we’ve already won.

Makes me laugh how some fans can be so fickle. The lad helped us to win numerous title with vital goals at vital times. Nobody knows what happened behind the scenes, maybe he was actually poorly treated, nobody knows, but so many fans just happy to stick the boot in and forget the years of service based on assumptions. He obviously thinks he was poorly treated towards the end otherwise he wouldn't say anything. The facts we do know is what he did for us and that will always deserve a welcome whenever he returns for opposing teams

As have plenty others who have left us,but kept quiet,so makes no odds whoever trying to defend him

Having gotten around to the interview, while I didn't think it was as bad as some are letting on, the missing his kids birthday bit is very odd to me. What does that even mean? He was at training all day? An away game maybe? That's literally just called having a job.

Last edited:
Having gotten around to the interview, while I didn't think it was as bad as some are letting on, the missing his kids birthday bit is very odd to me. In what sense is he even talking about? For away games? That's literally just called having a job.
The cynic in me wonders whether the no excuses Lyon miss was so he could attend his kids birthday on the semi final date. Needed time to get Tesco caterpillar cake and blow up some balloons.
I know, bollocks, but to come out with bollocks like tgat suggests he was struggling to come up with negatives.
He should've moved to an unsuccessful team and played once per week, plenty free time tgen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.