Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

I don’t think that’s right. We offered him a new contract, but wouldn’t guarantee playing minutes or make him our star player.

He’s stomped his feet and is having a tantrum about it.

I wonder how long it is before Tuchel benches him for exactly the same reasons as Pep did.
So if pep had given him some assurances that he would be a major part of his plans or at least in contention then do you think he would have left.
It was pep that wanted him gone rather than Raheem agitating for the move. He realised pep didn’t want him anymore so looked to move on.

His comments to me strike that he’s hurt that pep didn’t rate him or want him anymore. He’s gutted and he is lashing out a bit. It’s still quite raw for him that he went from being one of the big boys at the club to bit part player/sub.

It reminds me of when you get binned off by a girl/boy you still love and aren’t ready to move on and see that the other party is doing pretty damn well without you.

So if pep had given him some assurances that he would be a major part of his plans or at least in contention then do you think he would have left.
It was pep that wanted him gone rather than Raheem agitating for the move. He realised pep didn’t want him anymore so looked to move on.

His comments to me strike that he’s hurt that pep didn’t rate him or want him anymore. He’s gutted and he is lashing out a bit. It’s still quite raw for him that he went from being one of the big boys at the club to bit part player/sub.

It reminds me of when you get binned off by a girl/boy you still love and aren’t ready to move on and see that the other party is doing pretty damn well without you.
Pep doesn’t give anyone assurances he would be any more than anyone else in the squad.

Ultimately, the club got rid to cash in on their asset before it was worthless to them.

I think a little Full Metal Jacket is needed here.

Raheem’s ego was writing cheques his output couldn‘t cash.

I think your last paragraph is right. His ego has taken a huge hit as we obviously didn’t value him as much as he does himself.

I think the old adage of getting stuck in to prove you are giving your all is flawed nowadays. He still scored goals and provided assists. He still worked and made things happen.
I just think he saw quite early on last season that he wasn’t part of the big picture. For the majority of his time at city he was one of our most important players.
The one thing I would label at Raheem is a lack of technique compared to the players around him. Probably composure can be added to that but effort and application in my eyes couldn’t be faulted.

With your comparison to Jesus I would argue that yes he worked his nuts off and pressed well but the Jesus we are seeing at arsenal to the one we had last year are completely different. Jesus had a massive opportunity last year as our only recognised forward and didn’t do enough to cement it. The reason for that I don’t know but if he had been doing for city what he’s doing now would we have shipped him out. You could argue that maybe he wasn’t giving his all.
Sterling did well for us,but was frustrating.He is obviously upset about leaving a team who are currently dominating the league,which is understandable.Wish him luck and move on.Jesus is a different situation,as much as I like him and respect his undoubted work rate,I don’t see him as a top or world class player.let’s see how long this amazing form last at Arsenal

Sterling did well for us,but was frustrating.He is obviously upset about leaving a team who are currently dominating the league,which is understandable.Wish him luck and move on.Jesus is a different situation,as much as I like him and respect his undoubted work rate,I don’t see him as a top or world class player.let’s see how long this amazing form last at Arsenal
Zinny and Jesus were 2 of our better players whilst Sterling was out of his depth. He had the potential but not the mentality.

As for moaning about missing his kids birthday, what a fucking pathetic and churlish thing to say.

Try spending 4 months away from home, not able to see either daylight or speak to anyone at home on an annual salary the same as you earn in a day. Oh, and the bad guys are trying to hunt you down.

Spoilt fucking brat
Fucking hell, being a milkman is not what it used to be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.