Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

Hot take stats are bollocks.
But easy to play that game.

In his 3 matches for Chelsea:

1st - Key Passes
1st - Shot Creating Actions
1st - Goal Creating Actions
1st - xG (non penalty)
2nd - xA
1st - Touches in Opp Pen Box

However. in the court of Chelsea opinion he will have issues because he needs goals for that. Difficult to see where he will get the number of shots he needs to be successful in that set-up. So no doubt you will have plenty of opportunities to celebrate how crap he is :) In your opinion of course...

1st - Key Passes
1st - xG (non penalty)
2nd - xA

However. in the court of Chelsea opinion he will have issues because he needs goals for that. Difficult to see where he will get the number of shots he needs to be successful in that set-up. So no doubt you will have plenty of opportunities to celebrate how crap he is :) In your opinion of course...
Highest xG (without scoring) isn’t the win you think it is.

The main reasons I think he could struggle initially at Chelsea:
  • Playing as a centre forward isn't his natural game and exposes some of his deficiencies.
  • They get their width from the wingbacks so it's not easy to see where he fits in.
  • I don't think the pressure of being "the main man" will help him.
The only way I can see it changing is if Tuchel switches to a back four. That's when they'll see the best of Sterling, especially if they get a genuine centre forward for him to play off.

The expectation of being the new big name signing should diminish as soon as they sign another big player. That will help him as I don't think Raheem thrives when everyone is looking to him to be the game changer all the time. He's better at being the support act so to speak, like he was with Aguero.

1st - Key Passes
1st - xG (non penalty)
2nd - xA

Stats were used loads of times on here to mask the general flaws,which the stat people hid behind,now we see one,very early i concur,but nontheless a very poor start to his new chapter,but am I surprised ? Am I fuck

Should Chelskie sign boomarang Gordon and Leão Raz could find himself with less playing time than he got with us!

I wish we would take a punt on Leão

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.