Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

Iv missed kids birthdays. Iv missed their holidays. I don't get paid £100s thousands per week.

These guys really should stop moaning about how hard they got things. Getting fed up of their whining as if they got it harder than anyone else, they got it a lot easier and should show some appreciation for that, instead of moaning.

Sterling can say what he wants about our club, I am sure the club and team will want to pay him back. But moaning about how many sacrifices he makes whilst earning millions isn't the best way.

Exactly.

He just confirms how out of touch with reality he is when comments like that are made.
Any working class person,who regularly misses out on Christmas,Birthdays,weekends,social occasions,with family and friends,while surviving on crumbs by comparison.....would readily inform him of that fact.
Agree. Had to miss many a Christmas, Birthday and kids first time events to bring in a wage he wouldn't get out of bed for.

Very disappointing interview and unfortunately will tarnish his legacy, similar to Yaya Toure when he left.

The difference in behaviour and attitude between Jesus, Zinchenko and Sterling is vast.

Both Jesus and Zinchenko could arguably feel more aggrieved of how the last season turned out, especially Jesus having been moved out to the right wing and barely playing a game from January until April, yet he never said a bad word about Pep or City. He instead showed his appreciation for everything the club had done for him, everything Pep taught him and that he just felt it was time to move which is fair enough. Same with Zinchenko, he gave a very passionate and emotional speech when he left. Sterling gave us nothing when he left. It was very apparent when he didn't even give an interview after he left, there is clearly some bad feeling there from his side. Disappointing.

You cant argue his time at city was a successful one. He improved us, we improved him hence we won together. Along the way he scored plenty of goals and frustratingly he missed as many. If it frustrated me could you imagine how it affected pep and the coaches. His movement and pace were his qualities but i never thought of him as a pep player. It became obvious especially last season that he wasn't first choice and spent plenty of time on the bench but still had plenty of game time. You could see by his body language he wasnt enjoying his time at city anymore. Not saying he wasnt professional or bad around the dressing room. But please, missing your kids birthdays. Your getting paid shit loads and its your job. Stop whinging, your in a privileged position. Carry on missing them sitters!!!!!

It's an odd one isn't it? He always had a kind of cold detached aloofness about him, a lack of warmth and affinity with the fans. When you consider how everyone rallied around him with the shit he was getting from the press and the England fans you'd think he would, but he didn't. Strange lad.
Yeah he never seemed to appreciate the support we gave him, especially when he was public enemy number one following his acrimonious move from the dippers. I was glad when he left because he was on astronomic wages, right up there with KDB for contributing a fraction, and seeming fucking grumpy and selfish with it.
good luck Raz, I won’t boo you nor clap you when you return with the rents, your just an ex player who did a stint like Barry Silkman and Bill Williams.

Who the fuck hasn't missed birthdays or other important events in the lives of our loved ones because we had to work? Most of us do it to put food on the table. Sterling did it for experiences and wealth that most people can only dream of. Missing your kid's birthday to go to a job you love that means your kids will never in their lives have to worry about money feels like a small compromise.

When I was a kid, both of my parents were nurses. It was more common than not that, for at least part of Christmas day, or my birthday, or my siblings' birthdays, at least one of them was working. It was a sacrifice that they and we accepted because it's a commitment you make when you take that job and there were people who needed them more than we did.

If my dad was a Premier League footballer and was playing on my birthday, I'd consider spending a few hours in absolute luxury at the stadium watching him play - or even watching his team play while he was on the bench - as part of my birthday treat. If it was purely a case that he had to train then that's basically the same situation with most kids' parents' work, only probably better because I doubt football training is as long as the average 9-5, not to mention the 13-hour shifts my dad used to work.

Seems abit immature to me.

Moaning about missing birthdays I have never taken a day if work for my kids birthdays, never entered my head.

Sterling can retire at 30 and never miss a kids birthday again, me I will be working to my late 60's still missing my kids birthdays !

I thought Sterling had abit more about him, hopefully this was just a case of getting caught of guard by loaded questions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.