Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

With the chaos at Chelsea I think it is difficult to judge any of their signings at the moment.

I agree with Vialli98 that City probably had his best years though.

Add on the important part he played in the Villa comeback game.
That brilliant cross for the first goal deserves the same praise as Zinchenko and KDB set ups on that day.
IMHO he does not get that from all on here.

Yes it's an odd one. I think it's his demeanour. He comes across as cold and never looked particularly happy or built any real connection with the fans in his time here. Overall though he made a great contribution.

Yes it's an odd one. I think it's his demeanour. He comes across as cold and never looked particularly happy or built any real connection with the fans in his time here. Overall though he made a great contribution.
I think that's just his nature.
I have never wanted a player to succeed at City as much as Raheem just to prove the so called experts wrong after his indifferent start at City.

With the chaos at Chelsea I think it is difficult to judge any of their signings at the moment.

I agree with Vialli98 that City probably had his best years though.
No probably about it, those three seasons he was scoring and assisting at Messi's level (obviously I'm not comparing him to Messi's skill level)

10th all-time top scorer for City 131 goals but so much hate, it really was a weird thing.

While some are completely fueled by passion when playing, Raheem seems very clinical about his footy. Seems like its just a job to him and thats just fine. I respect the hell out of the lad for what he was able to achieve with us.

While some are completely fueled by passion when playing, Raheem seems very clinical about his footy. Seems like its just a job to him and thats just fine. I respect the hell out of the lad for what he was able to achieve with us.

Yes exactly that. I thought there would be a little more affinity for how we stood behind him when he was getting all the abuse. Not coming on the parade, signing the shirt in America and his interview since he left makes me think of him as exactly that, just another well paid player who did a decent job while he was here.

The tsunami of hate he recieved when he left the Dippers not just from the knuckle dragging scouse tramps but every away game in the country he was booed and especially in an England shirt, he proved his mentality by overcoming the criticism and winning over the majority of the haters.
Really do miss singing "Raheem Sterling he's top of the league" to the piss boiling murderers it was pure poetry and a thoroughly deserved piss take to the most obnoxious plastic fans in football.

Although he doesnt appear to have an affinity with any football club he will always be well recieved at the Etihad ,and cannot under estimate his importance to our success , i think he's a clever lad who see's through all the tribal and media bullshit , he gives 100% and gets paid handsomely , and when he was bombing down the wing in a blue shirt there was always an air of expectancy , in some games we play now , we still do miss his pace ,trickery and sheer determination.
At the end of day , apart from his salary he cost us nowt , we got our money back from Chelsea when we sold him , win/win.

The tsunami of hate he recieved when he left the Dippers not just from the knuckle dragging scouse tramps but every away game in the country he was booed and especially in an England shirt, he proved his mentality by overcoming the criticism and winning over the majority of the haters.
Really do miss singing "Raheem Sterling he's top of the league" to the piss boiling murderers it was pure poetry and a thoroughly deserved piss take to the most obnoxious plastic fans in football.

Although he doesnt appear to have an affinity with any football club he will always be well recieved at the Etihad ,and cannot under estimate his importance to our success , i think he's a clever lad who see's through all the tribal and media bullshit , he gives 100% and gets paid handsomely , and when he was bombing down the wing in a blue shirt there was always an air of expectancy , in some games we play now , we still do miss his pace ,trickery and sheer determination.
At the end of day , apart from his salary he cost us nowt , we got our money back from Chelsea when we sold him , win/win.
Tsunami of hate? I think that's a tad O.T.T.
No doubt that he had his haters, but just as many wished him well.
I agree with your other comments/summary.
He's a pretty unique player, and even on Sunday against Spurs in a dire Chelsea display, he still showed the odd decent touch.
He could still have done a job for us, but his ego wouldn't let him.

Tsunami of hate? I think that's a tad O.T.T.
No doubt that he had his haters, but just as many wished him well.
I agree with your other comments/summary.
He's a pretty unique player, and even on Sunday against Spurs in a dire Chelsea display, he still showed the odd decent touch.
He could still have done a job for us, but his ego wouldn't let him.
No, it was a tsunami. Not just from lfc fans, but their pundits too. The absolute poison they unleashed was incredulous, and I think that fed into a more general racism against him driven on by a news media keen to ruin anything City.

Not even blue tinted specs that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.