Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

Think that wasn't really confirmed, Cancelo did deny the bust-up however (it was about playing time he said), could all be journalists cooking up stories about a sudden player departure. Still, he did pay tribute to the fans on social media, and didn't say anything bad despite the boos.
I think Pep publicly referring to him as "Mister Cancelo" and booting him out of the club mid season says all we need to know.

The one thing that Pep cannot abide is a player complaining about minutes or his rotation policy.
Sancho, Cancelo, maybe more.

Haters gonna hate. Fucking morons.

I’ll never forget having to put a couple of clowns in their place who were giving him dogs abuse at the 0-0 Madrid SF. We’re playing in arguably the biggest match in our history and they’re sat there insulting a guy in a blue shirt. Unbelievable.

The lad ALWAYS put a shift in, helped us win loads of trophies and is high on our list of all time goal scorers.

So what’s to hate ? You have to assume that some of these idiots are influenced by the media’s at times shameful portrayal of Raz. And you have to assume that some of them are racist.
I'm not a Sterling hater in any way, but I do have to take issue with your comment about him ALWAYS putting a shift in. He didn't. He was poor for the last 12-18 months of his City career and let's have it right, he was barely interested by the end - maybe (probably) he knew the writing was on the wall and lost interest, but there were definitely some half-arsed performances.
He was brilliant on Sunday btw.

I'm not a Sterling hater in any way, but I do have to take issue with your comment about him ALWAYS putting a shift in. He didn't. He was poor for the last 12-18 months of his City career and let's have it right, he was barely interested by the end - maybe (probably) he knew the writing was on the wall and lost interest, but there were definitely some half-arsed performances.
He was brilliant on Sunday btw.
I disagree. He wouldn’t have got anywhere near our team if he wasn't giving 100%. You’re right to say he was poor - more often than not towards the end. It was noticeable -but that in itself is testament to his work ethic and commitment because unlike some players who are in a slump (e.g PHILLIPS) he didn’t hide on the pitch. Even when the ball was bouncing off him and he couldn’t finish or put in a decent cross to save his life he was always finding space and popping up in the right places.

I disagree. He wouldn’t have got anywhere near our team if he wasn't giving 100%. You’re right to say he was poor - more often than not towards the end. It was noticeable -but that in itself is testament to his work ethic and commitment because unlike some players who are in a slump (e.g PHILLIPS) he didn’t hide on the pitch. Even when the ball was bouncing off him and he couldn’t finish or put in a decent cross to save his life he was always finding space and popping up in the right places.
There were times toward the end where he absolutely didn't give 100% in my opinion. But's thats fine, we're allowed to disagree.

from the video of him scoring it seemed more of his team mates encouraging him to celebrate in front of us whilst he didn't want to.

If it wasn't so wet on the pitch he'd of been sent off for that tackle on Phil
Yes, it was their player Jackson egging him on but he did otherwise. As regards to that tackle, at first I thought the offending player had slipped and that’s why he had tackled Foden the way he did. Then on the replay I saw it was Sterling and he hadn’t slipped, I couldn’t believe my eyes. One of those tackles that are more than a yellow and close to a red.

He's a decent fella, was a big part of our transformation and you can only wish him well.

I agree, but were you sorry to see him go. In all honesty I wasn’t because of the vast number of chances he missed what seemed open goals at crucial times in big games.

Last edited:
Yes, it was their player Jackson egging him on but he did otherwise. As regards to that tackle, at first I thought the offending player had slipped and that’s why he had tackled Foden the way he did. Then on the replay I saw it was Sterling and he hadn’t slipped, I couldn’t believe my eyes. One of those tackles that are more than a yellow and close to a red.
I don’t get too upset by players who have left celebrating with their new team after scoring.

I'll need to check the footage again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.