Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

I wish him all the best. A player who has contributed so much to our success and is possibly going to only be appreciated now he has left. We have been blessed with some superb players that make Raheem's lack of technical skill in comparison quite clear, but we should just step back and remember what an era we are blessed to be witnessing as City fans and where he ranks in terms of goals and assists. He is undoubtedly one of the best players the club has had when you see his record and where he ranks, with the number of games played.

It always felt like he could have been even better. We saw it in one or two seasons and believed that should have been the norm. I would have liked him to stay but the club is a business and paying him more than we feel he is worth would lead to wider problems. He wanted a change of scene and we have made our money back from 7 years ago. An excellent deal all round.

All the best lad.

“That…wins…titles”

Hope he plays well every week at Chelsea and still gets in the England team but I hope he loses most weeks, unless he’s playing against United Liverpool Villa Arsenal Leeds and Spurs.

I can't see how this is a good move for him. He was playing under the best manager in the world, with probably the best midfielder in the world supplying him.... yes he needs time on the pitch for the world cup....he would have got enough of it....similar to last season.

The fact he can't hit a cows arse with a banjo doesn't help....but with you guys.. he got so many chances it didn't matter....

Good luck to the fells, but tbh, and I'm not blowing smoke up your arse....leaving city for anyone is a backward step.

I admire you Bill, I think you know that. And I owe you big time, which (again) I think you know. But I have to disagree with you on this. You've seen some of the shit we've brought to the club in the past 50 years. I wouldn't place this in the top 20 transfer mistakes. Plus, by all accounts, it seems to have been pretty much Raheem's choice. Now, I wish him nothing but the best for his future going forward. I think neither club nor player owe anything to the other party. All the best Raheem (not against us though, eh?).
Absolutely agree Jim. Pep is on record that he will never stand in the way of a player who wishes to leave. Sterling's body language at times last season suggested some discontent behind the scenes irrespective of any wrangling over a new contract. To categorise his departure as a 'transfer mistake' would be a fundamental misreading of the situation in my view. Occasionally, it's simply time for a parting of the ways.
Incidentally Jim, I wish all exchanges on this site were so courteous!

I can't see how this is a good move for him. He was playing under the best manager in the world, with probably the best midfielder in the world supplying him.... yes he needs time on the pitch for the world cup....he would have got enough of it....similar to last season.

The fact he can't hit a cows arse with a banjo doesn't help....but with you guys.. he got so many chances it didn't matter....

Good luck to the fells, but tbh, and I'm not blowing smoke up your arse....leaving city for anyone is a backward step.

He got so many chances because of world class elite moment and timing. He’s the greatest scoring wide player in the history of the club.

I said he wouldn't do a farewell video like Gabby and Ferna.

For all the hot air in his farewell message to us, bottom line is he didn't get us and was never one of us.

Great transfer for us, we got plenty in our armoury to go again this season and we won't be seeing anybody in a city shirt missing and open goal from one yard ever again.
Have you considered that perhaps it was you who didn't get him?

He got so many chances because of world class elite moment and timing. He’s the greatest scoring wide player in the history of the club.
Eric Brook was a outside left
Billy Meredith was an outside right

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.