Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

It's a little bit sad but a change is probably best for both parties as things had gone a little stale. He's been a great signing though and we've got a decent fee considering he was in the last year of his contract.

Absolutely agree Jim. Pep is on record that he will never stand in the way of a player who wishes to leave. Sterling's body language at times last season suggested some discontent behind the scenes irrespective of any wrangling over a new contract. To categorise his departure as a 'transfer mistake' would be a fundamental misreading of the situation in my view. Occasionally, it's simply time for a parting of the ways.
Incidentally Jim, I wish all exchanges on this site were so courteous!
I try "Pete". Indeed, I've been told that I'm a very trying bloke.

No way will Sterling be remembered in the same way as David Silva or Aguero. Or Zabaleta, Yaya, Kompany and Fernandinho. Those players gave it their all for the club and stayed the best years of their careers when they could have signed for anyone else in the world for a better salary. They are revered as legends and rightly so.

Sterling had his head turned by Real Madrid a couple of years ago and has never been the same player since. He wanted to leave City when he could have stayed and become a club legend, but he chose not to.

I thank Sterling and wish him well for what he did but I won't remember him as fondly as the the aforementioned players who all(maybe not Yaya) wore their hearts on their sleeves and fully endeared themselves to us, and us to them..
His record speaks for itself.

The lad is a 100% bona fide City great.

Good business all round. Raheem gets a move to a top club where he’ll undoubtedly be first choice, and City get seriously good money for a player who is no longer first choice and in the last year of his contract. All in all we can look back on a highly successful seven years.

Good luck Raheem, just be as shit against us as you usually were against Liverpool!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.