Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

Absolutely agree Jim. Pep is on record that he will never stand in the way of a player who wishes to leave. Sterling's body language at times last season suggested some discontent behind the scenes irrespective of any wrangling over a new contract. To categorise his departure as a 'transfer mistake' would be a fundamental misreading of the situation in my view. Occasionally, it's simply time for a parting of the ways.
Incidentally Jim, I wish all exchanges on this site were so courteous!
I remember getting loads of abuse for suggesting Sterling wasn’t happy in his interviews at Euro 2020 last summer.

He saw his arse around Easter of 2021 and as you suggest, his body language wasn’t that of a happy player for all of last season.

I’m sure he’ll get a great reception from us upon his return to the blu camp and deservedly so.

Can’t knock what he achieved with us and what he achieved for us, even though he infuriated the fuck out of me at times.

Good luck Raheem, thanks for the memories, especially the piss taking in the Derby when Pep gave you a telling off

Good luck to him. He’s been a very good signing for us and been a true professional. A lot of people say he never really loved City and just saw it as a job but in reality that probably applies to 90% of players and their respective clubs, so I have no problem with that as long as they always try their best at all times and he did. That’s all you can ask of anyone.

I think it’s a good move for everyone involved, especially with a year left on his contract.

I’ll be interested in how he does at Chelsea. You would think he’s arguably their main man now. But at liverpool he did his best work with Suarez who was a great player, plus he was a kid. Here he has been surrounded by great players left, right and centre. For England the pressure is usually on Kane to deliver etc,

It’ll be interested to see how he handles being the main man of a team in terms of their attacking play and all eyes on him to deliver every week. He’s not really had it in his career.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.