Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

I met Kit Harington a few months ago. He'd been performing at the Donmar Warehouse in a production of Henry V. I'm a massive, massive Game of Thrones fan, so I went down to London to watch the production and and maybe say hello and thanks to him after the show was over.

He came straight out afterwards. I tried to talk to him inside the foyer but he asked if we could go outside, just because the cast were all trying to avoid catching COVID. Fair enough, we went outside. I took a photo with him and spoke to him a bit, just saying thanks for being in the show, etc. He was really polite.

Then as he left, he offered me a fist bump. I obviously wanted to do it but I remembered what he'd said earlier, about wanting to avoid COVID. I didn't have COVID, I knew that a fist bump wouldn't give it to him, but I still nervously declined it and said 'Oh, I don't want to touch you, just in case'.

He looked a bit confused because I'd just been telling him, for about 2 minutes, how much of a fan of his work I was. I don't blame him. Kit offering to bump fists was a best case scenario, but I was nervous and the situation caught me off guard. I didn't want him to catch COVID and think 'Grr, that bloody kid'.

So I said no. He made an expression that said "Huh, okay, fair enough", and off he went.

So I can imagine Raheem probably froze up in a similar fashion when he saw the City shirt. Part of him will have wanted to sign it, part of him will have been thinking 'Argh shit, can't make enemies at my new place'. He might be regretting not signing it right now, he might have gone back and signed it later.

We'll never know. Point is, sometimes when you're out in public and you're about to do something that has major pros and major cons, your brain freezes up and you end up doing the opposite of what you wanted to do. Even when you're a professional footballer with media training, you can have brain farts.

Let's not start acting all bitter because of something this minor. What Raheem did on the pitch for us across seven years is what counts.

Ok

More accurate.
Works both ways, too. As soon as he signed for them I started following Sociedad social media to check on Merlin’s time there. Same with Kompany. Loving that Zabba is on the tour to the States.

Couldn’t care less what Sterling does. I wish him well though. He served us in his prime and contributed. He doesn’t see the club like the legends do, and that’s fair enough. Us as fans don’t see him in the way we see said legends. Also fair enough.
Tbf, David went to Sociedad, an upper mid-table team in Spain, Zabba went to West Ham, who were also mid-table at the time, and Vinny went to be player-manager in Belgium, at the end of their respective careers. We waved them off into the sunset with a smile because we knew they'd never come back to bite us.

Whereas Raheem is still at peak age and has gone directly to a close rival. Raheem's departure probably feels different because, well, the circumstances are actually very different. He could be taking the title off us in May, or beating us in an FA Cup final or something. The situations aren't really comparable.

I met Kit Harington a few months ago. He'd been performing at the Donmar Warehouse in a production of Henry V. I'm a massive, massive Game of Thrones fan, so I went down to London to watch the production and and maybe say hello and thanks to him after the show was over.

He came straight out afterwards. I tried to talk to him inside the foyer but he asked if we could go outside, just because the cast were all trying to avoid catching COVID. Fair enough, we went outside. I took a photo with him and spoke to him a bit, just saying thanks for being in the show, etc. He was really polite.

Then as he left, he offered me a fist bump. I obviously wanted to do it but I remembered what he'd said earlier, about wanting to avoid COVID. I didn't have COVID, I knew that a fist bump wouldn't give it to him, but I still nervously declined it and said 'Oh, I don't want to touch you, just in case'.

He looked a bit confused because I'd just been telling him, for about 2 minutes, how much of a fan of his work I was. I don't blame him. Kit offering to bump fists was a best case scenario, but I was nervous and the situation caught me off guard. I didn't want him to catch COVID and think 'Grr, that bloody kid'.

So I said no. He made an expression that said "Huh, okay, fair enough", and off he went.

So I can imagine Raheem probably froze up in a similar fashion when he saw the City shirt. Part of him will have wanted to sign it, part of him will have been thinking 'Argh shit, can't make enemies at my new place'. He might be regretting not signing it right now, he might have gone back and signed it later.

We'll never know. Point is, sometimes when you're out in public and you're about to do something that has major pros and major cons, your brain freezes up and you end up doing the opposite of what you wanted to do. Even when you're a professional footballer with media training, you can have brain farts.

Let's not start acting all bitter because of something this minor. What Raheem did on the pitch for us across seven years is what counts.
“You know nothing, Jon Snow.” -:)

Tbf, David went to Sociedad, an upper mid-table team in Spain, Zabba went to West Ham, who were also mid-table at the time, and Vinny went to be player-manager in Belgium, at the end of their respective careers. We waved them off into the sunset with a smile because we knew they'd never come back to bite us.

Whereas Raheem is still at peak age and has gone directly to a close rival. Raheem's departure probably feels different because, well, the circumstances are actually very different. He could be taking the title off us in May, or beating us in an FA Cup final or something. The situations aren't really comparable.
They are. And the reason is because it’s not about where he has gone, or where they went. It’s about their connection to us whilst they were here.

Sterling left Liverpool to earn money and win trophies. His job. That’s fine.
Those stated did the same but had a connection to the club and the fans. That’s what we love about them. That’s why we care about what they do going forward, and why we don’t care about what Sterling does.

Just seen vid,soon forget where they got made and made there millions ha,city didnt give him his bumper contract he wanted and let him go for a reason,wish him all best,but do think the likes of cole palmer alverez and a good second season from greelish is more exciting

Cool story bro

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.