Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

They are. And the reason is because it’s not about where he has gone, or where they went. It’s about their connection to us whilst they were here.

Sterling left Liverpool to earn money and win trophies. His job. That’s fine.
Those stated did the same but had a connection to the club and the fans. That’s what we love about them. That’s why we care about what they do going forward, and why we don’t care about what Sterling does.
Don't really understand how Silva was more connected with the fans than Sterling was. David was famously private and quiet and never really gave interviews. He just kept his head down and stayed professional. I think the only difference between David and Raheem in terms of how much they "connected with the fans" is that David did a final goodbye video and Raheem didn't. But again, I think Silva was only happy to look back on his time with us with a tear in his eye because he was over the hill and heading back to his native land after a successful decade in England.

Raheem is still very much in his prime and isn't accepting that his time at the top is over. Where David moved a level down because his time was nearly up, Raheem's moving away to compete with us (and everyone else) for trophies.

A better comparison for Raheem would be someone like Gabby or Leroy. Players who came to us, contributed a lot in their time, and left when a better offer came along. Are you going to follow Arsenal on Twitter and hope they do well now that Gabby's there? Of course you're not. Have you hoped for Leroy to win loads and loads of titles with Bayern? Have you balls. It's easy to root for Sociedad or Anderlecht because they're smaller clubs and their fortunes will probably never affect us - the same goes for West Ham 99% of the time. Chelsea are a genuine threat to City so it's hard to feel sentimental for an ex-City player who's part of their team.

It's all perfectly understandable to feel this way, just don't try to pretend it's Raheem's fault.

Now he's finally left I can say hand on heart I have never rated him as a player. His first touch is awful and I used to nearly cry with frustration seeing him name on the teamsheet. I honestly think he was a plague on the squad he killed so many attacks with his terrible first touch. Some of the misses just beggared belief it was consistent every single week aswell. Doesn't surprise me to see his shirt non signing actions as he was always disrespectful with a chip on his shoulder. Never saw him involved in any City in the community stuff and I thought appearing on the front page of Marca in a real madrid scarf was incredibly disrespectful to the City fans.

I was only marginally less excited to see his stupid face in a Chelsea shirt than I was signing Haaland. I've never been one to slag City players but I have being holding my tongue on Raheem for years and Im relieved to finally speak freely about him. Absolutely bobbins and I hope his career spirals into obscurity.
What a complete crock of shit

Now he's finally left I can say hand on heart I have never rated him as a player. His first touch is awful and I used to nearly cry with frustration seeing him name on the teamsheet. I honestly think he was a plague on the squad he killed so many attacks with his terrible first touch. Some of the misses just beggared belief it was consistent every single week aswell. Doesn't surprise me to see his shirt non signing actions as he was always disrespectful with a chip on his shoulder. Never saw him involved in any City in the community stuff and I thought appearing on the front page of Marca in a real madrid scarf was incredibly disrespectful to the City fans.

I was only marginally less excited to see his stupid face in a Chelsea shirt than I was signing Haaland. I've never been one to slag City players but I have being holding my tongue on Raheem for years and Im relieved to finally speak freely about him. Absolutely bobbins and I hope his career spirals into obscurity.
Good for you mate. Get it all out!

Don't really understand how Silva was more connected with the fans than Sterling was. David was famously private and quiet and never really gave interviews. He just kept his head down and stayed professional.
I was about to say something similar. Maybe it's just me but I didn't feel like David connected with the fans any more than Sterling did. Sergio yes, Vinny yes, Zabba yes, Ferna yes but Silva not particularly.

I think the reason most fans probably see Silva as a legend and not Sterling is because he was part of that first title winning side under Mancini, he stayed for 10 years when he could've easily gone to one of the Spanish giants whereas Sterling has played for two of our domestic rivals, and he was simply a far better footballer, one of the best we've ever had in fact.

I was about to say something similar. Maybe it's just me but I didn't feel like David connected with the fans any more than Sterling did. Sergio yes, Vinny yes, Zabba yes, Ferna yes but Silva not particularly.

I think the reason most fans probably see Silva as a legend and not Sterling is because he was part of that first title winning side under Mancini, he stayed for 10 years when he could've easily gone to one of the Spanish giants whereas Sterling has played for two of our domestic rivals, and he was simply a far better footballer, one of the best we've ever had in fact.
Maybe the premature birth of Mateo and the show of support for him during that period has something to do with it n’all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.