Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

I said he wouldn't do a farewell video like Gabby and Ferna.

For all the hot air in his farewell message to us, bottom line is he didn't get us and was never one of us.

Great transfer for us, we got plenty in our armoury to go again this season and we won't be seeing anybody in a city shirt missing and open goal from one yard ever again.
Apart from Haaland in the last minute of the Community Shield?

sounded to me like he enjoyed his time here but didn't enjoy being benched. fair enough. he stuck it out a fair while and nothing changed so reasonable he'd look to move on.

also sounded to me like he thinks our style doesn't quite suit his skill set as he talked about being required to be structured/static rather than natural wing play. again fair enough.

he didn't complain, he just sorted the situation for him, and as it happens, for us.

pretty difficult to give an interview about choosing a new club without there being something implicitly negative about where you came from. but he did pretty well.

gave us some good years, as we did for him

hmm late posts have a habit of reading differently in the morning
Agreed. Just one of those things where it’s best all round to shake hands and move on. No bad vibes whatsoever.

Not done himself any favours with those comments.
So has he been given a contractual guarantee of a starting place at Chelsea? Seems strange that a club of stature would make such a commitment to player who is not exactly elite status.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.