Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't expect us to agree with you, so you've signed up to a City forum to argue the toss with City fans about it. Just think about that for a few mins...... ....... .....

Liverpool asking for £50 million is a joke and forced Sterlings hand, simple as that, Liverpool fans and ex players have taken a hissy fit due to this and it's all gone apeshit, let the lad go for a price closer to a reasonable one and move on but nope Liverpool will drag this out and cry wolf.

It's pretty clear Ward/Sterling have tried these antics to force Liverpool to sell but it's isn't working and they're getting desperate. You guys are naive if you think fsg will bow down. It's 50m or see ya

see ya is fucking right you scouse louse (by the way I don't suppose you have still got a 1982 Panasonic car stereo of mine?)

The man who likes to conduct contract negotiations in a private and dignified way said something along the lines of "He's turned down an incredible offer for a young player" to the TV cameras. I think he said that in March. How did he think people would react to that?

When was the BBC interview again?

April 1st

Liverpool asking for £50 million is a joke and forced Sterlings hand, simple as that, Liverpool fans and ex players have taken a hissy fit due to this and it's all gone apeshit, let the lad go for a price closer to a reasonable one and move on but nope Liverpool will drag this out and cry wolf.
as per

I have no problem with him wanting to play for a team that is challenging for trophies even though at 20 he's go so many years left in him to achieve his aims. However, the way him and his agent have gone about this is absolutely embarrassing and totally unprofessional. I don't expect many city fans to agree though

Why would he waste years with the Hero's of Heysel?

No movement expected this evening, get your heads down boys. Sterling is.

CJfN8MOWwAIC8OQ.jpg

How did Liverpool throw him under the bus. This is a fella who did an interview with the bbc without permission from the club, refuses to go on tour, calls in sick, rejects 100k (not about monet my arse), hides behind an agent who has been so unprofessional with some of the comments he's made and you say Liverpool threw him under the bus. It's ironic how only city fans think he's done nothing wrong but fans from other clubs are rightly saying his behaviour has been unacceptable. Like I said if the shoe was on the other foot you can bet your bottom dollar there would have been an outcry on here.
Nah your 100% right, let's racially abuse any fucker that doesn't want to play for our team, wants to move to a club to win trophies after his captain has said his biggest regret in his career is not winning the prem!!! Let's get all the media to absolutely slaughter and discredit a 19/20 year old for not signing a new contract at a place that hasn't and won't win the league for a long time. After they all voted him European golden boy lets get the sky 4 press to strip his skills and potential down to zero and brag how over rated he is!!! Let's get our manager who for over a year has been saying what a down to earth, grounded, nice young lad raheem is And turn it all upside down and strip him of all his dignity and say what a money grabbing, greedy, disrespectful whore he is. Let's find out his personal phone number share it on the Internet and send death threats and racial abuse and fuck it let's turn up at his house and abuse the c#*t there as well. Then we can say how our club and fans have handled the situation with class and raheem is the classless overrated jumped up greedy little prick. Yeah right mate he ain't perfect but he is only 5% of the problem in this transfer. Compare yourselves to Southampton in the lovren transfer and come back claiming how what's happened is sterling fault you massive wizards sleeve!!!!

Show me the quote where Rodgers said this?
10th of February

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-2946140/Sterling-offered-incredible-deal.html

Conducting his negotiations in private.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has warned Raheem Sterling's agents the club will not be held to ransom over his new contract.

The Reds boss said the 20-year-old has been made an "incredible" offer on a new deal, which has been on the table for over a month.

However, Sterling is yet to sign despite indications previously an agreement was imminent, but Rodgers said the club had been generous in their offer.

Brendan Rodgers said Raheem Sterling, pictured, has been made an 'incredible' contract offer

"The club has offered an incredible deal for a young player and I have spoken to Raheem a number of times and he is very happy here and I think you see that in his game," said Rodgers.

"The player is very happy and wants to continue working the way he has been.

"He has made some great strides in these last couple of years and has now got reward for that and hopefully his representatives can find agreement with the club.

"What he has been granted here is an opportunity - we see it with lots of young players - and they get rewarded for that but we are certainly not a club who are going to give out way, way above what a player is worth at a certain time in a career.

"It is not a case of giving any player, I'm not talking about Raheem here I'm talking in general, what they want.

"We want to reward our best talents as they are a big part of our future and we are confident that will all be in hand and sorted very soon."

Rodgers has nurtured Sterling through a difficult period off the pitch over the last couple of years, when he found himself embroiled in a couple of court cases, and has been rewarded with some impressive performances from the youngster.

However, he has been keen to keep the England international grounded during what has been a rapid rise which saw him go to last summer's World Cup.

And Rodgers wants to ensure he and other youngsters do not get distracted by the trappings of fame and fortune.

"It is very important for young players, not just Raheem, that they have something to strive for," he added.

"If they get too much, too young then it really sabotages their development.

"That is why we communicate with the player and their advisers - if they have advisers.

"If they are given sound advice they will see that. It is about mapping out the career of a player, it is not just about this deal.

"In Raheem's case we believe this will be the best place for him and I believe he knows that as well.

"His value and worth is very important to us but also you leave something for them to progress on to the next level and for all young players that is important."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.