Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
This transfer going to happen soon .
Hope it's better than some of the rubbish we have bought from Liverpool in the past .......

"But we are certainly not going to give out way, way above what a player is worth at a certain time in his career" Brendan Rodgers.

But City have to, to sign him? looking less victimless as the days go by livapool FC. Tick tock, tick tock, your time is up, welcome Raheem.

Hope this helps

Show me the quote where Rodgers said this?

Liverpool forward Raheem Sterling has been offered an "incredible" new contract, but will not get "too much too young", according to manager Brendan Rodgers.

The 20-year-old's current deal runs until 2017, but a new contract has been on the table for more than a month.

"The club has offered an incredible deal for a young player," Rodgers said.

Brendan Rodgers: Sterling 'offered wonderful deal'

"[But] if they get too much, too young then it really sabotages their development."

Rodgers added: "It is very important for young players, not just Raheem, that they have something to strive for.

"If they are given sound advice they will see that. It is about mapping out the career of a player. It is not just about this deal.

"In Raheem's case, we believe this will be the best place for him and I believe he knows that as well.

I have spoken to Raheem a number of times and he is very happy here and I think you see that in his game."

England international Sterling has been linked with Real Madrid and Chelsea but Rodgers said Liverpool will not pay over the odds to secure his future at Anfield.

"What he has been granted here is an opportunity - we see it with lots of young players - and they get rewarded for that," Rodgers said.

"But we are certainly not a club who are going to give out way, way above what a player is worth at a certain time in a career.

I have no problem with him wanting to play for a team that is challenging for trophies even though at 20 he's go so many years left in him to achieve his aims. However, the way him and his agent have gone about this is absolutely embarrassing and totally unprofessional. I don't expect many city fans to agree though
Players have angled for moves like this for years (remember Lovren and Lallana) but the way this kid is being crucified in the press by fuckwit journalists and numb as piss stones ex liverpool players is shameful,you're living on past glories pal you're not the behemoth you once were there's nowt worse than an old tart slapping on to much make up wearing a short skirt thinking she's still the tidiest woman in the nightclub when in reality she's kidding nobody but herself

see ya is fucking right you scouse louse (by the way I don't suppose you have still got a 1982 Panasonic car stereo of mine?)

Kindly ignore my post if you have nothing constructive to say.

And thanks to those City fans that are not acting like 5 year olds with pathetic scouse digs and are actually participating in some decent debate.

You've just got a player who like yours, refused new contract offers before signing for free with a massive signing on fee!!! Where do you see the bile and vitriol on here towards James Milner???

Because Milner and his agent didn't act in an unprofessional manner like Sterling and Ward. You can't compare the two. The difference is night and day.

Lallana leaving Southampton wasn't acrimonious so lets not go there. Lovren's behaviour was totally unacceptable and unprofessional. Listen, I am not one of these fans that is be biased towards my team if I think a players has been unprofessional. I will tell it as it is. I just wish fans on here would take of their city hat and look at things from the outside. Sterling has been badly advised and has to accept responsibility for some for the shit thats happened. I just don't buy this Sterling is a victim that folks on here are claiming. What I also find laughable and embarrassing is how many on here were waxing lyrical about Wards behaviour too a few weeks back. Surely you must have some concerns about him. I am pretty sure clubs will think twice about doing business with Ward and to. At least Berahino has seen sense and ditched him.

James Milner, according to reports, turned his nose up at a new contract with City that involved a basic salary of £135,000 a week, rising to £165,000 with incentives. Scarcely anyone batted an eyelid. Indeed he chose to run his contract down and was publicly courted by Liverpool, thereby costing City a lot of money. City could probably have got around £15m for Milner.

Have you heard from ex-City players in the media criticising Milner for leaving the champions of two of the last four seasons to go to a club that hasn't won the league in a generation? Nope. Instead the club made this tribute video to Milner, "a fine club servant."

Sterling wants a new job, with a new employer. It's as simple as that. They way Liverpool, its media representative and its fans have reacted has been shameful. Utterly shameful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.