Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great example??

Have you even READ the article and 'quote'?

Dignified, honest and not an ounce of bitterness towards the manager or club!

If Tévez had done something like that, he would have some modicum of respect from me!

I know the quote because he talks about it in his autobiography. However I also know that he stuck his heels in and demanded a move, refusing to train or go on tour until it was granted. Personally I find what he did perfectly acceptable since Aguero states that he had a gentleman's agreement with the chairman that season to leave.

I said it was a great example because he's still disliked at atleti just as sterling will be disliked or hated at Liverpool. I'm not trying to compare who is the better person. The point being who gives a shit. Certainly not me. He could take a shit on Rodgers head and I'd still like him here and I don't think he'd necessarily be trouble for us.

@Ric, when he signs (yes, when) would it possible to put the subsequent picture of him holding the shirt on the bluemoon banner akin to player of the month?

As a welcome to the influx of scousers the site will no doubt get. If possible it might be nice to do that for any new signings tbf.

If it's too tricky to do, dump it on @Damocles
I second this. Would be great to have it there until August.

Same. To be fair we did it with Tevez when he wanted out. The difference is that we as fans didn't send Tevez death threats and racist abuse. I think Liverpool actually owe it to a 20 year old to safeguard and protect him considering it is them that has whipped up this frenzy. They won't though, they are a club of twats.
The way Liverpool have handled this from the contract negotiation, to ex player bad mouth him has been just disgraceful. They've just fully left him out with the wolfs. No protection, nothing. No reason he wants to leave.

Both sides want this deal to go through. I can't see Liverpool having splashed the cash recently not anticipating some return from a Sterling sale (but could be wrong).
If the worst comes to the worst, there are lesser capable players we could buy, who are HG and a fraction of the cost. He's a good player, but the City train ain't stopping for any single player. If Liverpool don't accept, fine, we walk away and they're left with the mess of their own making.

I think the media are guessing Again that we will put another bid in personally I'd wait another week and bid 37.5m raising to 42.5m

I reckon they've already accepted this 3rd bid prior to us making the bid official.

something of a 'meet you in the middle' type affair which saves face for both sides.

This will be a done deal over the weekend imo.
I agree. I also think we have to pay the minimum we can negotiate,Liverpool, juve,and any top club are all our rivals. If our ftp restrictions kick in again in the future then surely the last thing we want is to lighten the financial burden of these dept ridden clubs

I think the media are guessing Again that we will put another bid in personally I'd wait another week and bid 37.5m raising to 42.5m
Spot on, they are guessing pal. I was told a while ago we will not go over 40m and nothing's changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.