Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this transfer goes through the main thing the media detractors need to understand is that its the Dipper's who set the price we were forced to pay not us.

He's 20, and was a first team player at the 2013/14 Premier League champions (or so the media would have us believe), he was England's best player at the world cup and ticks all the boxes for the type of player we need.

We had a choice; pay what the Dippers wanted or move on, so we've paid up. I honestly believe that history will show who eventually got the better deal. At the end of this transfer window, I think the important point that will concentrate everyone's minds is that Manchester City Football Club have paid a world record fee for a 21 year old who was Liverpool's best player and most saleable asset and who still had his whole career in front of him and has huge scope to improve further.

Sterling's transfer represents a paradigm shift in the powerbase of English football and proves once and for all that Liverpool are no longer a member of the big 4 and can just about claim to be members of the big 7. Nothing illustrated this more than Liverpool's great and good of yesteryear being exhumed on live TV to decry Sterling and his agent for turning their backs on this once great football institution to better themselves.

The £49m we've just been forced to pay for Liverpool's best player has further reaching consequences than the money we've had to shell out. In the summer of 2008, could we have ever imagined a time that Liverpool and Arsenal players in their peak would seek to leave those clubs for Manchester City to better themselves and further their careers? That is the real story behind this transfer.....

Nail on head with this post , The only thing I'd add is Sterling played his best football with Suarez , he'll play even better with Kun and Silva.

Nail on head with this post , The only thing I'd add is Sterling played his best football with Suarez , he'll play even better with Kun and Silva.
Absolutely fella. Now I just hope that the boss picks the right formation to get the best out of the players we have and are reportedly trying to get. No more square pegs in round holes and an end to 442 and we'll be ready to rock and roll.........

You needed a player like Sterling more than a player like Coutinho. Chelsea have Fabregas and Hazard as their creative outlets.

Coutinho will start the 2018/19 season at Barca or Madrid unfortunately for us.

True we did need him and you are right about not needing Coutinho...........yet :-)

I see flashes in Coutinho but I just don't think he has it in him to perform consistently at the top. Time is the only teller though so lets revisit this in 2018/19.

On a side note, despite you being a Liverpool fan I enjoy your sensible and insightful posts which at the same time makes me question if you really are a Liverpool fan.

On sky there was a dribbling completion rate and his was 44% whilst Silva, Nasri and Navas were in the 70% area. But thats fine because hes 20 and he cost nothing. Hes learning the game. Im not sure what the reaction to that type of stuff will be from the fans, press, media, opposition fans will be when you cost £49million.

Messi has a 55% success rate, less than Navas...

Sterling has a lower success rate than those you mention because he attempts far more dribbles.
13/14 he attempted 3.7 dribbles per game with a 64.3% success rate
14/15 he attempted 3.1 dribbles per game with a 49.5% success rate

Nasri has a 87% success rate but only attempts 1.5 dribbles per game
Navas 74% from 1.5
Silva 74% from 1.75

Navas and Nasri are very conservative as to when they try and go past a player, they aren't what you call 'dribblers', neither is Silva, but Sterling is.
I'm sure Sterling's dribbling stats will be even better in our team.

Price is irrelevant for City, and we should actually be happy that that's the case and we were able to get that much.

Sterling is not a "good prospect" that "might be" quality. That's Ibe.

Sterling is a mouthwatering prospect that might be/will probably be a star. There's a difference.

Let's just hope we spend the 49M well. Let's hope that Ibe and Markovic can develop a little.

It's not £49 Million though is it?

You get £44 million, of which £8.8 million goes to QPR, which makes £35.2 if my maths is correct. You get the additional £5m if he hits targets...but as he's only a decent prospect and all that....they'll be no guarantee that you get this.

The other way to look at it, is we've paid £200k more for Sterling than you did for Carroll from Newcastle.

The £49m we've just been forced to pay for Liverpool's best player has further reaching consequences than the money we've had to shell out. In the summer of 2008, could we have ever imagined a time that Liverpool and Arsenal players in their peak would seek to leave those clubs for Manchester City to better themselves and further their careers? That is the real story behind this transfer.....
It's also particularly funny because we're paying Liverpool £44m, but they're not actually getting £44m. No wonder they were holding out for £50m.

That makes no sense. Coutinho is rated higher than Sterling on current ability by the people who watch both regularly. It's only those who don't watch them play frequently, relying mainly on highlights, claiming Sterling is currently the better of the two.

Do you mean the people who are impartial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.