Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
CARRAGHER: STERLING WORTH £30M

Sky Sports pundit and former Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher has just given his views on Raheem Sterling's move to Manchester City for £49million, saying the 20-year-old forward is "possibly worth £30million."

"At this stage of his career and what he’s done up to now, he’s possibly worth around £30million. I think the extra money comes from the fact that Man City are so desperate for English players, and Liverpool have exploited that.

"In the next three or four years, if Sterling can take City to a couple of Premier League titles, more success in the Champions League, they will say he’s been worth it.

"Now he’s moved there will be more eyes on him, of course, but let’s not forget he’s still a young player. Over the next two or three years hopefully we’ll be talking more about Sterling on the pitch than off it, as we have been the last few months."

If not the most annoying thing of the "saga" is the fact that 2 weeks ago Liverpool would be foolish to be losing him now...now they are the Jordan Belford of negotiations and are the wisest club in Istree...grates me

Go back 12 months and suggest that Sterling would play for City in 2015/16. No one would have believed it. The Scousers would have spat their tea out.

There's going to be pressure on the laf, but he will give us a better cutting edge in the final third.

Other fans go on about the price, but name a forward of his age range who could get in our first 11? I can think of only one and he'd cost more, and I don't think he is as good.....Kane. More of a goalscorer, but not as creative.

He's only at City because of the colossal incompetence of Liverpool's management, and thankfully we faced no competition for his signature. That was key.

We really need a midfielder now to allow us to play 2-3 forwards. Maybe Fernando can be that man, or maybe You're can coax his legs into giving us a couple more seasons

Neither they, nor us know the future. We've paid a lot, but it's high stakes gambling for us. We might win, we might lose, but nobody knows.
Let's have a look in 5 years time and see how it panned out. Fergie said 'not in my lifetime', and got that wrong too.

Have a word with yourself mate.

Looks like another Liverpool player wants out!;)

Pete O'Rourke
@SportsPeteO
Liverpool striker Jerome Sinclair turns down new deal and asks to leave the club. #LFC
0 retweets0 favorites

This kid is decent.

Their best player in that age group imo, at least from what I've seen. I wonder if he is a mate of Sterling ?

Currently undergoing his medical according to David Anderson in the Mirror. Could be announced later tonight.

The fee is irrelevant really unless playing football manager. It's not my money and I think he will add a bit of excitement to our forward play, although I am not totally convinced by his ability. The fact is though, he is 20 years old and if he does get better, we will be selling him to Real Madrid for £75m in 3 years time!

Liverpool fans are funny, they have really suffered since our takeover, more than any other team. They now lose Suarez, Gerrard and Sterling in 2 seasons and try to say it doesn't affect them and it is a great deal for them! With the Suarez money they bought crap and I fully expect them to do so again with this.

Even, as Carragher says, he is only worth £30m, how much have we overpaid by? £14m? its peanuts nowadays with the TV money coming in etc...

Deep down, they know they are not going to get back in the top 4 any time soon and the gap will widen further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.