Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
What position do people think he will play? I know most see him as a winger but whenever i've seen him dribble past a couple of players it's usually more centrally. If he does play No.10 then Silva is wasted a bit imo. Either way with Silva, Yaya, Nasri, Lopes, Navas, Sterling and De Bruyne (hopefully) we have some insane options in AM.

I see him playing primarily on the right of a forward three, with Silva on the left - but unlike Navas, Sterling will drift into the middle and support Aguero, and drop into the whole taking up the number 10 role when in possession. A similar free role to Silva, and equally as devastating, but with different qualities. I guess we could call him an 'inside forward' if you're being technical - getting the ball and cutting in, getting into goalscoring positions and looking to dance his way through opposition defences to set up Aguero and create space for other players.

I can't wait to see him in blue.

On a side note - anyone remember that England game in the world cup where he picked the ball up 40 yeards from goal, knocked it forward and had a crack? great effort, skimmed the bar, and I thought then, I'd love to have him at city.

What a signing!

People claiming we have paid too much need to look at his age. He's just like Shaw at United given that you could easily get 10 years + out of him. Given that context then upper limit is only £4.9m a year potentiallly for one of England's most promising youngsters.

In a better team with a better manager he will prove the press and all his doubters wrong.

It's a matter of opinion of course, but I don't believe they were. Fabregas was ditched by Barca twice. Owen had the chance with his Real move, but he never made the most of it.
Rooney dwarfs the pair of them in achievements, public recognition, earnings and goals for that matter.
Fabregas has world cup and european champs medals though and did win things with barca. As much as i hate it i agree with you that rooney has had a great career and arguably hasunderachieved in someways

When this deal is finalised i expect the fee to be undisclosed. The club will be telling the media that it was substantially lower than £49m hyped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.