Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yaya was considered overpriced / overpaid and a Barca failure when he joined. A lot weren't convinced he'd be a good signing.
Silva was considered too small / slight and might not make it in PL.

Don't get me wrong, they weren't poor players, but they certainly weren't nailed on success stories before they joined.

Last edited:
Well Id say this, the likes of Aguero, Yaya, Silva, came in as ready made players. Theyre no brainers, and dont need any analysis to say thats a good signing before theyve kicked a ball.

The other players you mentioned came in at the age of 23-24 which is a different kettle of fish. Thats the age we would have thought Sterling would have maybe moved on if he was going to, cause he isnt ready.

Were talking about still developing a youth player. Obviously wenger has that knack over the years, with the current crop being Ramsey, Wilshere, Oxlade Chamberlain, who have been groomed form a young age. Wenger built their games. Rodgers was building Sterlings game but hes been taken out of the incubator early. At least 2-3 years short.

The discussion about City, from the outside at least is that its more of a sink or swim environment. With big money like youve got, time is not on your side for youth development because your more inclined to splash the cash on the next big thing, who are ready out of the box.

Were not happy that he wanted to leave because he was our own development, but were certainly not unhappy for the fee paid, because we dont think he worth that much. If you bought him more at his market value say £25-30million for a 20 year old then that would be really painful. But £49million, is almost a no brainer for us in itself.
Dress it up how you like pal but selling your best players leads to just one thing,the regression of your football club,once you were the bully and aggressor taking other clubs best players now the tables have turned so you can delude yourself all you like.

48 MILLION for Sterling. I need to lay down because the world has gone mad.
Why are people so transfixed on the price!!! I couldn't care if he cost 7 trillion. We as a club can afford it. If we couldn't we won't have gone for him. He will make our squad better and I'm happy he is here. Sick to death of the quoted transfer fee. I mean who really gives 2 shits what he cost. It is what it is!

Well Id say this, the likes of Aguero, Yaya, Silva, came in as ready made players. Theyre no brainers, and dont need any analysis to say thats a good signing before theyve kicked a ball.

The other players you mentioned came in at the age of 23-24 which is a different kettle of fish. Thats the age we would have thought Sterling would have maybe moved on if he was going to, cause he isnt ready.

Were talking about still developing a youth player, only 20. And only 19 when he felt hes ready for the next step. Obviously wenger has that knack over the years, with the current crop being Ramsey, Wilshere, Oxlade Chamberlain, who have been groomed form a young age. Wenger built their games. Rodgers was building Sterlings game but hes been taken out of the incubator early. At least 2-3 years short.

The discussion about City, from the outside at least is that its more of a sink or swim environment. With big money like youve got, time is not on your side for youth development because your more inclined to splash the cash on the next big thing, who are ready out of the box.

Were not happy that he wanted to leave because he was our own development, but were certainly not unhappy for the fee paid, because we dont think he worth that much. If you bought him more at his market value say £25-30million for a 20 year old then that would be really painful. But £49million, is almost a no brainer for us in itself.

Must be a bit painful then that you're only guaranteed 35m

Why are people so transfixed on the price!!! I couldn't care if he cost 7 trillion. We as a club can afford it. If we couldn't we won't have gone for him. He will make our squad better and I'm happy he is here. Sick to death of the quoted transfer fee. I mean who really gives 2 shits what he cost. It is what it is!
Because people haven't kept up with how much money is in professional sport these days. Sporting revenues are at record-breaking highs. Of course transfer fees and player wages will rise with it. Get used to it.

Even Wenger has admitted that he's a top class player.

I wish the Scouse twats would stop desperately trying to convince us all otherwise.

Bore off back to RAWK to jizz over Markovic and Joe Allen.

I agree that City is much more sink or swim than Arsenal, but that's because we have one clear goal from the top down - to win things. Arsenal have been more forgiving because their remit's been different. They've been focussed on paying of the stadium, and trying to keep in top 4. They've generally been forced to try and find bargains and sell them on for a profit - which is fine, but it's bound to result if players getting a bit more leeway.

Look at Real Madrid taking Ozil, then binning him in a couple of years. Same with Di Maria.
City aren't yet at that level, but they are exhibiting some of the same ruthlessness. Quality players have been rewarded with regular appearances and medals though, and they've stayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.