Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool transfer news: Raheem Sterling wants Manchester City move settled before start of new season
- The player is unwilling to be part of a late deal that would destabilise his preparation for the coming campaign

Raheem Sterling wants his move to Manchester City settled in time for the new Premier League season that starts on 8 August, with the player unwilling to be the subject of a last-minute deal before the deadline on 1 September.

Sterling, 20, is likely to be the subject of a new bid over the next few days from City of between £30m and £35m which will test Liverpool’s stated resolve to keep the player. City have already had a bid of £25m plus £5m add-ons rejected and after this second bid they are unlikely to go higher in the near future.

Sterling is unwilling to be part of a late deal that would destabilise his preparation for the season. He wants to leave Liverpool but he also wants to make sure he has a solid pre-season in order that he has a good basis for the European championships in France this time next year.

Arsenal are out of the bidding already. The club were interested in Sterling but now feel that City will take the transfer fee out of their comfort zone for a 20-year-old player. Chelsea retain an interest, but do not want to spend the summer waiting for an answer.

Liverpool transfer news: Raheem Sterling wants Manchester City move settled before start of new season
- The player is unwilling to be part of a late deal that would destabilise his preparation for the coming campaign

Raheem Sterling wants his move to Manchester City settled in time for the new Premier League season that starts on 8 August, with the player unwilling to be the subject of a last-minute deal before the deadline on 1 September.

Sterling, 20, is likely to be the subject of a new bid over the next few days from City of between £30m and £35m which will test Liverpool’s stated resolve to keep the player. City have already had a bid of £25m plus £5m add-ons rejected and after this second bid they are unlikely to go higher in the near future.

Sterling is unwilling to be part of a late deal that would destabilise his preparation for the season. He wants to leave Liverpool but he also wants to make sure he has a solid pre-season in order that he has a good basis for the European championships in France this time next year.

Arsenal are out of the bidding already. The club were interested in Sterling but now feel that City will take the transfer fee out of their comfort zone for a 20-year-old player. Chelsea retain an interest, but do not want to spend the summer waiting for an answer.

that story is crap and has come from this forum ????????????????
from what I heard the £50 million asking price is being paid or close to it and city have already done the deal with the player its just about Liverpool coming out of this smelling roses and city looking like the big bad wolf with the player wanting big money

I can see city keeping it under wraps from the media until they come out with it on citytv or on the web site but things will defo light up next week
mark my words its the end of the summer internationals this week end and players want it sorted before they go on there holidays

I'd settle for anytime between the opening of the window on July 1st and the opening weekend of the season on August 8th.

I think with Sterling having a lot of weight on his shoulders and being a very young player I think it's paramount he gets a full pre-season with City under his belt.

Coming to City with no pre-season won't do him any favours because if he doesn't start well at City the press will destroy him.

Really keen to get this one done. I rate him very highly. Think his dip in form towards end of the season was down to the shite he was getting from the stands and the desire to leave anfield

Agreed. Though that in itself should be a little worrying, hopefully downing tools when it's not going his way will be something he grows out of.
I'd settle for anytime between the opening of the window on July 1st and the opening weekend of the season on August 8th.

I think it's very advantageous to have all new signings on the full preseason tour at least. Have plenty of time to find homes, get settled at the new club, settled with new team mates and ideas for styles of play heading into the new season. It doesn't have the impact of big deadline day signings but it does get the squad in a much better place to win points from the off, especially as we'll hopefully be bringing in some pretty crucial players.

I think it's very advantageous to have all new signings on the full preseason tour at least. Have plenty of time to find homes, get settled at the new club, settled with new team mates and ideas for styles of play heading into the new season.
It is but with a winger I think we'd manage to ease him in. Getting Pogba in early would be a much higher priority for me as he'd need to build up an understanding with his central midfield partners.

I always wonder if this guy is a rag.Honestly some of the shit he comes out with.
In fairness, he is from Gorton which is a well known blue enclave.
Nicky%20Butt.jpg

Mainly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.