Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
And my response to that is your not much of a rag supporter are you?, you don't know your own clubs fcuking history go away do some research and get back to me!

Please elaborate? Must say my history of the rags is somewhat shit pre 80's...your information would be helpful :)

I've been dead against bending over for these scumbags, but now I'm like....fuck it, give em 50 mil and laugh like fuck at brendons new aquisitions!
I think we should just pay whatever necessary to secure Sterling and Pogba. Can you imagine us ever being in this situation again with a team oozing world class...
we would be on par with the pull from madrid and barca i think.....players will beg to come, not needing financial persuation.

we probably will look like we've been slapped ...should save our pride for the park

I don't think we should walk away completely but beyond probably 40m up front, I'd like to think we would leave them to mull it over for a fair while. I don't see any need for us to keep going back with increased bids every few days/week when there doesn't appear to be anyone else prepared to go up to 40m. They have as much reason to want to get this deal done as we do, we will only have to pay 50m if we are over eager IMO. Having said all that, I do accept that this window is about us getting our primary targets and not having to resort to 3rd or 4th choice shit bags again even if it means paying over the odds.

I honestly think that Txiki is showing his experience here with a clever bidding strategy. He's been involved in enough top level deals to know how to progress it. I think we aren't seeing the whole picture, for a start. I did say earlier that I think the most important think here is that we are the only bidder, and I think we've done that by doing the deal with the player first. I really don't believe that this is like some Moroccon Souk, and we are faxing over "£30m", then "35m", then "37m" etc. I reckon there's one long strategy at play here, and we don't know the half of it. Part of it will be in the payment terms, for a start.

For those who believe we should pay £40m+ for a player who i.m.o is worth £25m tops because money is no object to us what would you do in the following scenario, your daughter has seen her dream car, it's a y reg metallic green(her fav colour) fiat punto with the letters js (your daughters initials) in the reg. She loves it and has her heart set on it, it's worth £350 tops, the seller knows it's her dream car so therefore asks you for £1000, you can afford it so would you therefore pay it ?
I wouldnt consider what you think the car is worth. I'd consider what I think it's worth.

I honestly think that Txiki is showing his experience here with a clever bidding strategy. He's been involved in enough top level deals to know how to progress it. I think we aren't seeing the whole picture, for a start. I did say earlier that I think the most important think here is that we are the only bidder, and I think we've done that by doing the deal with the player first. I really don't believe that this is like some Moroccon Souk, and we are faxing over "£30m", then "35m", then "37m" etc. I reckon there's one long strategy at play here, and we don't know the half of it. Part of it will be in the payment terms, for a start.
Based on not very much at all, I reckon we will get him for 40 up front and there shouldn't be a need for add ons. No way do they want him at their club next season, txiki will know that and how it affects liverpool's hand. People saying just give them 50 bugs me as much as the walk away stuff bugs you because we won't need to give them 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.