Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might not be our money, and we can bang on about inflation, the price of a Mars bar in the 80's or a fuckin' Fiat Punto but it's also not our club. The seat we pay a lot of money to sit in every home game, isn't actually our seat. But we've been brought up to love the club and consider it our own. So when Liverpool come trying to take the piss out of us, I for one say "fuck em!" My money or not. The club might have bags of money and are in need of home grown talent, however, Sterling doesn't want to be at Liverpool! So we both have good reasons to come to a reasonable deal. We've said 'take it or leave it' now, we should stick to it imo.

Where is it stated City said: take it or leave it"? Aah, papers ... sources at the club ... yeah, right. Now if it was Khaldoon on City-tv being quoted, that would be another matter.

It might not be our money, and we can bang on about inflation, the price of a Mars bar in the 80's or a fuckin' Fiat Punto but it's also not our club. The seat we pay a lot of money to sit in every home game, isn't actually our seat. But we've been brought up to love the club and consider it our own. So when Liverpool come trying to take the piss out of us, I for one say "fuck em!" My money or not. The club might have bags of money and are in need of home grown talent, however, Sterling doesn't want to be at Liverpool! So we both have good reasons to come to a reasonable deal. We've said 'take it or leave it' now, we should stick to it imo.
Bravo sir, well said !

Nail on the head DD. The main consideration should be "Does he move us forward as a player?"

Having established that he does then the next should be "How do the finances of this deal stack up?" Say we value him at £30m but Liverpool want £45m, that's £9m a year instead of £60m for amortisation, working out at an extra £3m a year on the bottom line. So we have to decide whether that extra £3m is worth it to us.

If we sell him in 3 years, he should have significant resale value. Let's say we pay £45m now and sell for £50m in 3 years. Amortisation will have been £27m, giving a book value of £18m and a profit on sale of £32m. That's a deal worth doing for the sake of an extra £3m a year.

That's exactly how the club will look at it and why fans don't "get it". For a start, the wages are half of the deal. This is what I was trying to say further down that post. The club's ambition is to be one of the most successful in Europe, a regular Champions League winning team. If anyone doubts this WILL happen then they aren't getting it. In the current (and improving) financial football climate that could easily add £100m per year on our reveues, and take us into big profits. So the Sterling money, and the money on the other top drawer players, is the investment needed to get us to that point.

And this IGNORES the other intangible benefits for The Sheikh and Abu Dhabi of City being another Barcelona. This is the reason we have the Sheikh. He hasn't done this for money, although he wants the club to start to "wash it's own face" and stop burning his cash.

Its pointless having any discussion with them about previous transfers and how much they paid over the years for overrated players, cause you know they'll only reply; "but it was spent with our own money though and not from oil money"

And my response to that is your not much of a rag supporter are you?, you don't know your own clubs fcuking history go away do some research and get back to me!

Its pointless having any discussion with them about previous transfers and how much they paid over the years for overrated players, cause you know they'll only reply; "but it was spent with our own money though and not from oil money"
No, it was just from money earnt from poisoning school children!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.