Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe i am busy so do not have time to post a detailed critique of a players abilities :)

I was just making a quick example of an English wide player with pace.

Making sweeping statements about someones personality or life when you know nothing about them also shows a slovenly mind, maybe you should read a post carefully...

I can only go on the evidence. And I wasn't really aiming it at you. Others have been far worse offenders.

Or maybe i am busy so do not have time to post a detailed critique of a players abilities :)

I was just making a quick example of an English wide player with pace.

Making sweeping statements about someones personality or life when you know nothing about them also shows a slovenly mind, maybe you should read a post carefully...

Although it must be said Sterling is not primarily a wide player.

The 20% sell on clause may well be the crux of the matter here, if Liverpool want £40m then someone is going to have to come up with the missing £8m QPR will be due.

Now if Sterling puts a transfer request in that will get rid of his loyality bonus which would be due otherwise.

I still can't believe that Liverpool won't do business, otherwise they will be left with an unhappy player who will be able to buy himself out of his contract in 12 months time for allegedly £1.7m.

Talk about stick or bust!!

It probably has been mentioned but it should also be noted that Sterling will actually cost Liverpool £5m. It was 600K rising to £5m and I would guess most of the clauses have been activated to bring the fee to the £5m. So if sold for £40m. It would be minus 20% and an initial fee of £5m which makes the profit around £27m.

Where are you getting the £1.7m fee from in 12 months time? It would go to a tribunal.

Look at the potential cost of Sturridge to Chelsea from yourselves - http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/jan/14/daniel-sturridge-chelsea-manchester-city1

Liverpool will do business with us as they are considering our offers. United made an approach but were dismissed out of hand.

Here's a good way to look at it. Is sterling worth double what we payed for Adebayor?
Only if he stamps on van Persie's face twice and runs down to celebrate in front of away fans twice!

Adebayor was worth every penny just for this one gif alone:
fanscity.gif

Can Sterling contribute to making two gifs of this legendary status?

Although it must be said Sterling is not primarily a wide player.

Liverpool have played him centrally last season because they have had a bad injury to Sturridge - Lambert & Ballotelli have not proved they are consistently good enough to play as a central striker for Liverpool.

Sterling had his best season (2013-14) as a wide player suppotrting a World class striker in Suarez.

IF we sign him he will play out wide supporting a World class striker in Aguero.

I am confident City will use him as wide player either in a 442 or 433, 4231 formation.

This is why i am making these brief points m8 :)

Here's a good way to look at it. Is sterling worth double what we payed for Adebayor?
one was a splash and a coupe when we were a non CL team taking a player off of a CL team and the other one is someone we would like to be in our core for the next 7+ seasons. So yes, probably

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.