Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
His agent may think it is something that is open to them but none of the top clubs would touch him with a bargepole if they attempted to do it. It is opening up a can of worms that none of the top clubs want opened.
I don't see it as something our club will fear, we tend to give our big players new contracts every year or two years.

It probably has been mentioned but it should also be noted that Sterling will actually cost Liverpool £5m. It was 600K rising to £5m and I would guess most of the clauses have been activated to bring the fee to the £5m. So if sold for £40m. It would be minus 20% and an initial fee of £5m which makes the profit around £27m.

Where are you getting the £1.7m fee from in 12 months time? It would go to a tribunal.

Look at the potential cost of Sturridge to Chelsea from yourselves - http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/jan/14/daniel-sturridge-chelsea-manchester-city1

I thought it went to a tribunal for us with Sturridge because his contract expired and as he was under 24 years so we got a developement fee that had to be decided by tribunal as we couldn't agree one with Chesea. A similar scenario to yourselves getting Ings from Burnley. If you can't agree a deal with Burnley it will go to tribunal. I might be wrong though I'm no expert I just saying what I perceive the situation to be.

Unless of course it counts that you have developed Sterling as you bought him when he was 16. Like I've said I don't know.

I liked Adebayor and thought he was a decent signing until Mancini arrived and decided he wasn't his cup of tea. Can't we change it to 2.8x Roque Santa Cruz?
1.4x in relation to turnover. Same relative price as NDJ or Kolo, about 1/3 the price of Robinho.

I thought it went to a tribunal for us with Sturridge because his contract expired and as he was under 24 years so we got a developement fee that had to be decided by tribunal as we couldn't agree one with Chesea. A similar scenario to yourselves getting Ings from Burnley. If you can't agree a deal with Burnley it will go to tribunal. I might be wrong though I'm no expert I just saying what I perceive the situation to be.

You are right Ed. Sterling can buy out his contract next summer for his year's wages which is between £1.2 or £1.7M dependant on the report of his weekly wage you read.
Paying him comparative peanuts has bit them on the arse.

I don't see it as something our club will fear, we tend to give our big players new contracts every year or two years.

It has far wider implications beyond that. It has been in place since 2007 and I can't remember a single high profile case of players doing it.

You are right Ed. Sterling can buy out his contract next summer for his year's wages which is between £1.2 or £1.7M dependant on the report of his weekly wage you read.
Paying him comparative peanuts has bit them on the arse.

Sigh, he was 17/18 when he signed the £35k a week contract?

Isco and Reus would both definitely improve us, so I'd have no problem with us signing either of those. However, they don't have the benefit of being home grown. So that's two plus points for Sterling and only one for the other two.

As for the money, as long as the chairman is happy with the fee, then we fans should not be complaining.

Not complaining i just think if we as fans pay our hard earned £ into the club we can within reason say what we want- i doubt any of us have the £ that our players or more so our owner or the club has.

Making homegrown more important than clear cut proven ability refers back to my point on Dykes proposal as at best ill conceived.

I realise the homegrown quota we have to adhere to like all the othe clubs BUT proven world class ability for mr wins hands down on anythin else & should be the priority when signing any player, deffo one for the massive amount being quoted for Sterling m8.

Overall though it is not up to me or you & i sincerly hope Sterling is brilliant for us, despite varying opinions we are ALL City fans & if a player performs & we win trophies with his help we will all be happy.

It has far wider implications beyond that. It has been in place since 2007 and I can't remember a single high profile case of players doing it.
That's because high profile players aren't usually allowed to run down their contracts that far at a young age and at a higher age wages make the contract buy out and a transfer fee closer in value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.