Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool have played him centrally last season because they have had a bad injury to Sturridge - Lambert & Ballotelli have not proved they are consistently good enough to play as a central striker for Liverpool.

Sterling had his best season (2013-14) as a wide player suppotrting a World class striker in Suarez.

IF we sign him he will play out wide supporting a World class striker in Aguero.

I am confident City will use him as wide player either in a 442 or 433, 4231 formation.

This is why i am making these brief points m8 :)

I don't think he will. I think him and Silva will be given a roaming brief.

Funny enough I agree completely. The loan enables them to raise revenue, turnover etc with the stadium expansion which in turn means the value of the club rises while at the same time it always needs to be paid back as part of any sale. Their background is as hedge fund vultures.
The stadium loan has to be paid back over 5 years I believe. That's £24m a year that you're not going to be able to spend on players.

They'd be insane to risk turning down £40m now when they'd get fuck all next year. You can't compare this to Suarez's situation because he signed a new contract, therefore had substantial value. Sterling won't have that next summer. He can buy out his contract for less than £2m.

I'd like to change that. Our turnover is more than double what it was when we signed Ade, so in relative terms, is Sterling worth paying the same price for?

Wouldn't put it past his agent

His agent may think it is something that is open to them but none of the top clubs would touch him with a bargepole if they attempted to do it. It is opening up a can of worms that none of the top clubs want opened.

I'd like to change that. Our turnover is more than double what it was when we signed Ade, so in relative terms, is Sterling worth paying the same price for?

They are not a like and cannot be viewed as such.

Sterling is prime location, whether we like it or not due to his nationality. Think a 3 bed house in Collyhurst wont cost the same as the exact same house in Hale Barns.

The stadium loan has to be paid back over 5 years I believe. That's £24m a year that you're not going to be able to spend on players.

They'd be insane to risk turning down £40m now when they'd get fuck all next year. You can't compare this to Suarez's situation because he signed a new contract, therefore had substantial value. Sterling won't have that next summer. He can buy out his contract for less than £2m.

I think the plan is to have the expanded capacity ready to go for the 16/17 season which means it will be paying for itself after year one.

Only if he stamps on van Persie's face twice and runs down to celebrate in front of away fans twice!

Adebayor was worth every penny just for this one gif alone:
fanscity.gif

Can Sterling contribute to making two gifs of this legendary status?

This x 1,000,000. Hands down one of my favorite moments not just as a City fan but in observed life. The pinnacle of "fuck yous".

They are not a like and cannot be viewed as such.

Sterling is prime location, whether we like it or not due to his nationality. Think a 3 bed house in Collyhurst wont cost the same as the exact same house in Hale Barns.
So he's worth more? That's what I think too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.