Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodgers has left Sterling out to dry in this saga. He knew that Sterling wasn't going to sign a new contract so made it public. All this Pro-Liverpool propaganda has pretty much made Sterling the villain.

I also don't buy all this crap about Liverpool being in the driving seat. Yes, Sterling might lose a few million in the short term by not agreeing a new deal. But if he left on a free transfer as a 22 year old then he could easily command a £10 million signing on fee.

It seems the only way Liverpool can command a decent transfer fee would be to sell him this summer.

If he was happy at Liverpool he would have signed by now, my guess is if they don't get in the top 4 he will be at the centre of a massive auction in the summer with bids over 60m being needed

city91 said:
Rodgers has left Sterling out to dry in this saga. He knew that Sterling wasn't going to sign a new contract so made it public. All this Pro-Liverpool propaganda has pretty much made Sterling the villain.

I also don't buy all this crap about Liverpool being in the driving seat. Yes, Sterling might lose a few million in the short term by not agreeing a new deal. But if he left on a free transfer as a 22 year old then he could easily command a £10 million signing on fee.

It seems the only way Liverpool can command a decent transfer fee would be to sell him this summer.

Pretty much this. Lets say he would get a 135k contract if he moved now. thats an improvement of 5M per year. So of liverpool dont sell him, keep him and play him, he will still develop and would probably be able to demand a 150k+ wage at the end of his contract as well as 10M in signing on fee for the 2 years he spent at Liverpool, and it would still cost the buyer less (only a small tribunal fee I'd guess).

The only problem will be if he stagnates at Liverpool. that is where it will probably come to when he has to make a decison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.