Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just playing Devil's advocate, but surely it's the case that Begiristain has already given a list of targets and back up options to the money men?

It seems pretty unlikely that we wouldn't already have made contingency plans, so his being on holiday isn't necessarily evidence that all of our top targets are secured. More that he has presented various options to the board so his work is done regardless. Which of those targets we actually land remains to be seen?

Or that he is taking a break in proceedings whilst we try and secure our main targets, should that fail he knows he'll probably have to be about to help move onto the contingencies. Most of the footballers are on holiday especially those who were on international duty, thus there being little movement at the moment. I'm fairly sure Txixi will have minutes on his phone if needed, if not he needs to get down to carphone warehouse and get on a contract.

Or that he is taking a break in proceedings whilst we try and secure our main targets, should that fail he knows he'll probably have to be about to help move onto the contingencies. Most of the footballers are on holiday especially those who were on international duty, thus there being little movement at the moment. I'm fairly sure Txixi will have minutes on his phone if needed, if not he needs to get down to carphone warehouse and get on a contract.
I hear ham radios are actually the preferred communication method of the young, "hip" person these days.

And I agree with Ric, if we don't have at least a Plan A through C at this point I would be very disappointed. I mean, I make contingency plans for Saturday dinner, much less multi-million dollar business deals (I make contingency plans for those, as well).

I hear ham radios are actually the preferred communication method of the young, "hip" person these days.

And I agree with Ric, if we don't have at least a Plan A through C at this point I would be very disappointed. I mean, I make contingency plans for Saturday dinner, much less multi-million dollar business deals (I make contingency plans for those, as well).

Breaker breaker, Cheeky barcaboy here, calling City money men do have we any movement on Sterling over...

I agree the plans I would hope will be in place and the majority of Txixi's work will be done at this point (other than that bit where he sits behind a table with the new signing pen in hand) however, should we need to move to plan B or C, he would most likely want to be around to organise and ensure things are being done to his satisfaction, so before he is needed, he is getting a little break in whilst its quiet (if I dare to use such a phrase). Much like if your Saturday dinner gets burnt, you would like to ensure the replacement meal is what you wanted and is being prepared satisfactorily.

Breaker breaker, Cheeky barcaboy here, calling City money men do have we any movement on Sterling over...

I agree the plans I would hope will be in place and the majority of Txixi's work will be done at this point (other than that bit where he sits behind a table with the new signing pen in hand) however, should we need to move to plan B or C, he would most likely want to be around to organise and ensure things are being done to his satisfaction, so before he is needed, he is getting a little break in whilst its quiet (if I dare to use such a phrase). Much like if your Saturday dinner gets burnt, you would like to ensure the replacement meal is what you wanted and is being prepared satisfactorily.
You're right, I often have to go back to the kitchen and show the chef exactly how the dish needs to be done.

Jokes aside, I agree that he will be somewhat active if any of our main targets fall through but I imagine a lot of the legwork has already been done with our secondary targets, as well. I envision Txiki just radioing in "Thundercats assemble! Over. No, sorry, I mean get together. Over. Damnit, just come. Over. Here."

Not sure if this is the right place to post it but I wrote an article on young Raheem Sterling. If any of you would like to read it, that'd be greatly appreciated. Feedback welcome etc...

https://watchtheshortcorner.wordpress.com/

good write up matey

but I don't think £50million is wrong and about right for him and with the tools we can used both on and off the field of play with the media and image rights shirts sales it will be a drop in the ocean what he could make for Manchester city football club and with a added the value of a sell on fee with him being young I don't see it

supposed ‘English tax’ on home-grown transfers has been here for years and I don't think its anything to do with being English its about top clubs and the money they have and the selling clubs will always want more when clubs like city and united want a player its just like anything else in life

you can get a tin of beans at aldi for 20p but shop at M&S and its 80p and people don't moan about it you expect it when shopping at the good shops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.