Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
The deal is not done Tolm has said as much himself. We are still to submit our 3rd bid for him which makes it really tough not to flap. If we have to resort to a plan b signing like Pedro I will be really disappointed as Sterling is what we have been lacking.

Cheers, Ric. I have professed this all along. I am a Blue, I can just flap with the best of 'em.

Don't see what's wrong/flappable with what I posted, either. Perhaps it's just any excuse to have a go?
Oakie is pretending to be some kind of rag hound, while actually just looking for some one to go at if person doesnt agree with his view, real mature

Raheem Sterling has been told he must set aside any thoughts of a move to Manchester City, and instead prepare to join Liverpool's pre-season tour.

The England star has made clear he wants out of Anfield by insisting he will not sign a new contract, with his agent demanding the club accept an offer from their Premier League rivals.

That sparked outrage amongst the Reds support, with Sterling booed and barracked at two end of season events, and on the final day of the season at Stoke.

The player is clearly hoping he won't have to face more hostility from the fans, but now he has been told - in the absence of any fresh bid from City following two rejected offers – he must join the squad for the pre-season games in Australia and south east Asia.

Come on page 900

Liverpool just trying to save some money by attempting to force Sterling to submit a formal transfer request?
Or are they just flapping about the fact that we haven't submitted the third bid for him yet?

Either way, this report bothers me none.

What are they going to do? Tell him to stay on holiday in case we make another bid?

Suspect we're happy to let Liverpool drain away their transfer budget while they wait, more and more nervously, for the third bid from ourselves that they are counting on.

Unless of course we already have a Bale/Spurs/Madrid like agreement with them whereby they spend the Sterling transfer fee while selling clubs still do not know they have it.

Suspect we're happy to let Liverpool drain away their transfer budget while they wait, more and more nervously, for the third bid from ourselves that they are counting on.

Unless of course we already have a Bale/Spurs/Madrid like agreement with them whereby they spend the Sterling transfer fee while selling clubs still do not know they have it.

I'm sure the '2 bids, another coming' thing which has become the accepted truth is a gross simplification of what's really going on behind the scenes.

But I wouldn't be surprised at all of City are operating tactically, and sitting tight in this situation would be sensible. Liverpool don't want him in pre season training, and City might even be doing the classic negotiator's tactic of sitting waiting for Liverpool to contact them, which skews the power and control.

I like how we are handling it. The player has obviously been tapped up and has agreed to come, the agent isn't touting him around, and im guessing the LFC are trying to 'leak' bullshit links to make City blink first.

Txiki is a shrewd operator.

Txiki is a shrewd operator.

2%20Fernando.ashx

Scott+Sinclair+Signs.jpg
article-2188407-1486A1AF000005DC-742_468x327.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.