Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one will drag out all summer. He will sign just before the window closes. Looks like we are not upping our bid and nobody else has bid. Classic stand off where they will crawl back to us and ask is our offer still on the table.

At which point we should knock 5 mill off the last bid.
I do think the next step might be them giving us a deadline to make another bid.

A kind of "we're desperate not to sell but can you hurry up so we can spend the money on a forward" message.

I reckon this will start moving again when Benteke signs for Liverpool. That transfer is close by the sounds of it. Imo the fee is agreed behind closed doors and we're allowing Liverpool to sort their transfers before officially putting the bid in. Obviously I have no idea if this is the case.

I reckon this will start moving again when Benteke signs for Liverpool. That transfer is close by the sounds of it. Imo the fee is agreed behind closed doors and we're allowing Liverpool to sort their transfers before officially putting the bid in. Obviously I have no idea if this is the case.

Bang on the money pal

Liverpool aren't in a terribly powerful position here tbh. They either se him for the right price or face keeping a miserable want away player who has lost the backing of the fans. They need to get rid

Liverpool aren't in a terribly powerful position here tbh. They either se him for the right price or face keeping a miserable want away player who has lost the backing of the fans. They need to get rid
IMO and for what its worth,I have a feeling that the Dippers have told Sterling he can leave ... but only once they`ve concluded their own transfer business.

Pisses me off how many clubs seem to be able to "sort out their transfers" before we can buy their player off them which ends up with us shelling out loads...we always seem these days to be doing everything in a Gentlemanly way, but still get absolutely slated when these deals are done...

Pisses me off how many clubs seem to be able to "sort out their transfers" before we can buy their player off them which ends up with us shelling out loads...we always seem these days to be doing everything in a Gentlemanly way, but still get absolutely slated when these deals are done...

Slated by who? The media?

Let them carry on slating, we'll carry on winning trophies.

Not just the media, but other fans too...sick of hearing "arabs" "buying the league" "unfair" etc from other fans too...funny thing is that I took a Barcode fan to the League Cup game last season and he couldn't believe what we had done with the area and seems to have stopped his slagging off now...

I know people would've said this before, but why would the Scousers spend a shed load of money on new players from the sale of a player that they haven't even sold yet?
They would surely have enough in the bank anyway or have a cast iron guarantee a club will buy him. So if this is the case why haven't his new club announced the deal?
I don't buy it when people say it's because they want to do their transfer businesses first to make them look good.

Sometimes I wish we would be more clinical in the transfer market. Our owners are pure class, and I wouldn't want that aspect of them to change. But sometimes I get the impression that all our dealings are done very calm and quietly, and can't help but think that we're letting representatives of other clubs jump in before us, all guns blazing.

We need to be louder, we need to make big statements this summer and then I'll be happy about how we conduct our business. I hope that we still will bring in marquee first XI players, despite of the latest FFP nonsense.

I think a lot of City fans on here are being impatient, these marquee signings take a long time. In and ideal world we would have them all signed on July 1st but it doesn't work like that unless your contracting free-agents and smaller transfer targets.

I want to stay very optimistic about next season even if we can't shift the FFP issue this summer. We still have a group of players who can perform at the highest level (most just under-performed last season), and with even one or 2 additions we can certainly progress and improve.

I expect us to bring in our targets this summer, but I am also fully aware that we can miss out on the targets with one bid from an elite side. When/if this happens, we move on and we reach out to another target who will help us reach our goals. Have trust in the ownership, the management teams and stay optimistic blues. This is a 10+ year plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.