Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
Damanino said:
Bayern looking at him as well. We wont have a clear run at Sterling if we want him.

Further proof,for those that apparently need it........of his quality.

I agree FI. I really don't understand the level of negativity on this thread. This season he has been flogged to near death by Brenda, who put the weight of the world on the young kids shoulders because of the terrible purchases made by Liverpool last summer.

I am certain he would blossom in our team. He wouldn't have such pressure on him to do everything, as has been the case this season. As a 20 year old there is great potential for further improvement as part of our squad.

I really hope we can sign him. I know that Ric said that he has his doubts about whether we can get him because of the rivalry between the two clubs. I prefer to think that money speaks all languages. We may have to play a premium for him, but I am sure it will be a good investment for the future.

jollylescott said:
FantasyIreland said:
Damanino said:
Bayern looking at him as well. We wont have a clear run at Sterling if we want him.

I agree FI. I really don't understand the level of negativity on this thread. This season he has been flogged to near death by Brenda, who put the weight of the world on the young kids shoulders because of the terrible purchases made by Liverpool last summer.

I am certain he would blossom in our team. He wouldn't have such pressure on him to do everything, as has been the case this season. As a 20 year old there is great potential for further improvement as part of our squad.

I really hope we can sign him. I know that Ric said that he has his doubts about whether we can get him because of the rivalry between the two clubs. I prefer to think that money speaks all languages. We may have to play a premium for him, but I am sure it will be a good investment for the future.

Whilst you claim Rodgers is at fault with bigging him up and adding pressure, Sterling is still turning out in these games and playing absolute pants. I should know I’ve persisted in him as my fantasy captain for about a month! His performances have been really poor, not scoring or assisting which for a player in his position isn’t offering much. If you think he is worth the suggested £50 million then you’re absolutely bonkers. Tell me what he has done this season to warrant that kind of figure.

Tom_mcfc said:
jollylescott said:
FantasyIreland said:

Whilst you claim Rodgers is at fault with bigging him up and adding pressure, Sterling is still turning out in these games and playing absolute pants. I should know I’ve persisted in him as my fantasy captain for about a month! His performances have been really poor, not scoring or assisting which for a player in his position isn’t offering much. If you think he is worth the suggested £50 million then you’re absolutely bonkers. Tell me what he has done this season to warrant that kind of figure.
He may be angling for a move. He is being treated like shit by the club, Brendan current and ex players in the media. The media negativity hyped around him not extending his contract is vile and for a 20 yr old to continue to perform under such a spotlight is asking a lot.

Hart of the matter said:
Tom_mcfc said:
jollylescott said:

He may be angling for a move. He is being treated like shit by the club, Brendan current and ex players in the media. The media negativity hyped around him not extending his contract is vile and for a 20 yr old to continue to perform under such a spotlight is asking a lot.

Then he's not worth £50 million

I've heard he has a pre contract or similar with City but also heard he us house hunting in London as this is where he wants to go
To me he is one if the most exciting talents in Europe and I would be delighted to see him at City. He's only 20 Ffs - and not even sure what his best position is but with more experience and playing with the likes of Kun and David the prospect is frightening.

No brainer.
Home grown
Would piss Liverpool off
Brings something different
Would piss Liverpool off
Improve on what we already have
Piss Liverpool off
Young
Piss Liverpool off
Premier proven
Would piss Liverpool off

Hart of the matter said:
No brainer.
Home grown
Would piss Liverpool off
Would piss Liverpool off
Piss Liverpool off
Young
Piss Liverpool off
Premier proven
Would piss Liverpool off
I wasn't arsed about this signing but after reading your post, we should throw the cheque book at him!

On a side note, I'm pretty impressed I used the word 'cheque' instead of 'check'

Tom_mcfc said:
Hart of the matter said:
Tom_mcfc said:

Then he's not worth £50 million

Neither is Pogba or Koke. Or pretty much anyone else we are being linked with. It's just that we have to pay over the top if we want any of these players. None are a sure fire success, whatever people think. There is risk involved with each one. Sterling has proved he can perform at a top level in the Prem. He's done it against us. We don't know he'll, always do it, or that Pogba will, or Koke will, or Bale will return the same as he was or whoever.

But all of them would cost shitloads. It's all gambling but that's the market.

Hart of the matter said:
No brainer.
Home grown
Would piss Liverpool off
Would piss Liverpool off
Piss Liverpool off
Young
Piss Liverpool off
Premier proven
Would piss Liverpool off

Liverpool would only sell to is for a rediculous fee

Hart of the matter said:
No brainer.
Home grown
Would piss Liverpool off
Would piss Liverpool off
Piss Liverpool off
Young
Piss Liverpool off
Premier proven
Would piss Liverpool off
You make some good points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.