Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is he 'exactly what we need' ? The guy has to improve massively to become 'exactly what we need'. The fee and wages to bring him here would not be worth it. A Scouse fan I know at work is quite happy for them to sell Sterling. Too much has been asked of him ? In what way ? The demands at City over the next few years will be a lot higher than scraping 5th at Liverpool.
We need HG and Sterling is one of the better ones out there

Vastly overrated player. No need for us to waste big bucks on such an average talent. Would rather keep Navas (who I am no big fan of) and then bring through Lopes.

That's just daft SB. Over-rated perhaps when compared to the hyperbole, but hugely better than average certainly. And significantly more of a goal threat than Jesus N has given us, and the current lack of pace and incisive threat means that I'm not sure we can wait around until Lopes is ready.

How is he 'exactly what we need' ? The guy has to improve massively to become 'exactly what we need'. The fee and wages to bring him here would not be worth it. A Scouse fan I know at work is quite happy for them to sell Sterling. Too much has been asked of him ? In what way ? The demands at City over the next few years will be a lot higher than scraping 5th at Liverpool.

Not exactly right. In City he would be surrounded by players of higher standard not necessarily waiting for him to make something happen with amazing dribble. If he has quiet game there is Sergio Merlin YaYa etc to unlock. He is capable of giving amazing performances but often when I watch dippers only 1 or 2 players look a threat. Here he will have less responsibility and always when you play without pressure it's easier. I can be wrong but I have a feeling he will go level up at City.

He's got pace, movement and the ability to beat a man. He played in pretty much every minute of every game (including cups) for the first half of the year and for a 19 year old kid that takes a lot out of you.

He may be scrapping for 5th now, but 12 months before he was a key reason why Liverpool got so close to winning the league.

As for scouse fans, who gives a fuck what they think? Most of them thought Milner was shit before it looked like he was going there. And I bet he's asking £50m plus for a player he's "happy to sell".

Not exactly right. In City he would be surrounded by players of higher standard not necessarily waiting for him to make something happen with amazing dribble. If he has quiet game there is Sergio Merlin YaYa etc to unlock. He is capable of giving amazing performances but often when I watch dippers only 1 or 2 players look a threat. Here he will have less responsibility and always when you play without pressure it's easier. I can be wrong but I have a feeling he will go level up at City.

Exactly, he had a stellar season at the dippers last year because he was playing alongside one of the best players in the world. Just one....(and Studge was actually injury free long enough to make a huge contribution also).

At City he will be playing along several players who could be considered some of the best in the world in their positions. I have no doubt coming to the Etihad and playing/training with the players we have would take the lad to a whole new level.

I think his off the ball movement is actually pretty excellent, but that only really is highlighted if your teammates are good enough to notice it and find you. A bit like Milner in that respect, he will always look worse when playing for England, as no one has any vision to notice 3rd man runs. Unlike Milner, he actually has the speed to stay ahead of people if you do manage to play him in and his first touch is a hell of a lot more consistent than Jimmys. He's still a work in progress who is clearly low on confidence and has been terribly managed by the incompetent Bodgers, but there is a player in there. Some of the fees being mentioned are ridiculous, but if we can get him for a more reasonable price then I think he'd excell for us. I don't think he has the obvious flaws of someone like Barkley and he does offer a genuine different option that would always be of use

Exactly, he had a stellar season at the dippers last year because he was playing alongside one of the best players in the world. Just one....(and Studge was actually injury free long enough to make a huge contribution also).

At City he will be playing along several players who could be considered some of the best in the world in their positions. I have no doubt coming to the Etihad and playing/training with the players we have would take the lad to a whole new level.

This. We always seem to forget what playing with better teammates does to someone. And I would throw him on the right side because anyone to replace Navas is good with me.

i dont think i want this sterling at our club
full

Don't have a choice me thinks......HG and half decent. ..potential. ...city need to pay. .even over the odds if needed

the need for a player to beat a man and dump them on the floor is never more needed than right now for Manchester city its what been missing a superstar that not just good on the field but also gets the fans off bums on there feet we love nothing more than a player taking on the back 4 its what crowds love they can light up a stadium with a flash

now is Raheem Sterling that man well I dont know but he can be if he wants it and at Manchester city he can win everything he wants in football we can offer him champions league football every season fighting for silverware in England and with him in the team just give us more chances to win silverware

if I was Manchester city just say to him look if you want it forget about the money just come and play for titles money great but think what you could win and show your kids the premier league title medals champions league medal and all the other stuff money is nothing the history books shows what you won and they can never take it away from you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.