Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, if Raz decides to leave then he goes with the very best wishes from me, and thanks for all the goals and assists he has given us and his overall contribution, as someone regularly highlighted as an inspiration to academy players at the club. If he wishes to see out his contract and leave, it would change nothing for me because that is his right.

A big no for letting him go for free. The prices of the top wingers are at least about 60-70m£. We should've been already in touch with Leao's and Gnabry's agents. We cannot spend money again and again without any profits from sellings. Sorry, IMO we have to sell him now if he doesn't want to renew and buy a winger NOW. It would be a huge problem soon for the club, so that's why I would extend the contract with Riyad as soon as possible. We have to replace Sterling in this transfer window and take the highest possible fee, but the problem is that I can't see any top club that would give us at least 45-50M£.

The club should learn from Porto when they forced Fernando to renew his contract instead of moving for free to City.

Tell Sterling, If you are not willing to renew or leave now then the stands are waiting for you.

If he cares about the world cup as much as Fernando do, then he will not run his contract.
Impossible.

A big no for letting him go for free. The prices of the top wingers are at least about 60-70m£. We should've been already in touch with Leao's and Gnabry's agents. We cannot spend money again and again without any profits from sellings. Sorry, IMO we have to sell him now if he doesn't want to renew and buy a winger NOW. It would be a huge problem soon for the club, so that's why I would extend the contract with Riyad as soon as possible. We have to replace Sterling in this transfer window and take the highest possible fee, but the problem is that I can't see any top club that would give us at least 45-50M£.

It’s out of our hands regarding getting a fee for Sterling! We could get offered 50m from a team Sterling doesn’t fancy and refuse to move.

but the problem is that I can't see any top club that would give us at least 45-50M£.
I think the real problem is what comes after they gave us 50m, sterling thinks he is a 400k a week player, the only way he gets a salary like that is if the club doesn't have to pay a transfer fee.

Do you think Raheem doesn't get a say in this?

Impossible.
More like bollocks given the poster.

You answer your own question - if we decide to sell then we need a buyer and a replacement player, or we accept that players from the academy take up the slack. Raz is a free man, and a highly prized professional who has done great things for this club. He is not holding us to ransom, he has fulfilled his side of the deal that was arranged by us in agreement with him. We are just about the number one employer in this sport and the best employers treat their well, a key factor in the best employees wanting to work for them. In addition, you forget the development in the value of the club, which is many-fold the value of the investment made: we invest to build value in this business, not necessarily for short-term player profits.

It’s out of our hands regarding getting a fee for Sterling! We could get offered 50m from a team Sterling doesn’t fancy and refuse to move.
Because he wants a free transfer and taking the biggest part of the cake in terms of signature

You answer your own question - if we decide to sell then we need a buyer and a replacement player, or we accept that players from the academy take up the slack. Raz is a free man, and a highly prized professional who has done great things for this club. He is not holding us to ransom, he has fulfilled his side of the deal that was arranged by us in agreement with him. We are just about the number one employer in this sport and the best employers treat their well, a key factor in the best employees wanting to work for them. In addition, you forget the development in the value of the club, which is many-fold the value of the investment made: we invest to build value in this business, not necessarily for short-term player profits.
We need a high-quality replacement, not players from the academy who are not ready at all.

I think the real problem is what comes after they gave us 50m, sterling thinks he is a 400k a week player, the only way he gets a salary like that is if the club doesn't have to pay a transfer fee.
He is not much more important than the club and the club has to earn some money. I think his wages are on a top, top-level and nobody would give him more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.