Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
No club will pay over £50m and give him what he’s on here. He’s not going to accept a pay cut with his move. He’ll sit his contract out and go for free next summer.

Does anyone even know what wages he wants? There’s been a contract on the table for him for a year or so. This clearly isnt about wages, like everyone is making it out to be. He clearly wants to be guaranteed starting games (which he’s obvs not getting at the moment, hence he hasn’t signed the contract).
You seem to know it’s about playing time not money though…..

Does anyone even know what wages he wants? There’s been a contract on the table for him for a year or so. This clearly isnt about wages, like everyone is making it out to be. He clearly wants to be guaranteed starting games (which he’s obvs not getting at the moment, hence he hasn’t signed the contract).
Unless you are privy to the content of the contract offer, how do you know it's not about money?

Don’t pay attention to how well players play at international tournaments. There are Championship players playing for their countries, and players playing in leagues where they sacrifice goats before kick off playing in those tournaments.

James Rodrigues looked like the next superstar of the sport at the 2008 World Cup and got moves to Madrid and Bayern off the back of it and he’s midtable Prem standard.

I understand that.. but Sterling has also been one of the most productive players our club has ever seen and his numbers put him amongst most productive wingers the premier league has ever seen.

Personally I would like to see him on the right with a proper striker… I think his numbers would instantly bounce back.

We need a high-quality replacement, not players from the academy who are not ready at all.
Generally, people think that Raheem is better on the right. That position can be occupied by Mahrez, Alvarez, Palmer, KDB or Bernardo. If it is the left, then it can be occupied by Foden, Grealish, Edozie or Borges. We do not know if the academy players are ready, though I think that Cole has done more than enough to suggest so. Now, I am a supporter of Raz, but I am more excited by the prospect of Sam Edozie or Carlos Borges being introduced in to cup games, and by the prospect of playing with the best young striker in the game up front, being fed by the balls into the box that Foden, Grealish, Mahrez and Palmer can supply. I would like him to stay, but I don't know what his thoughts are, what his family situation is, or what his ambitions are.

Generally speaking, each one of your posts is critical of players or desperately urges the club to sort out a problem. I would be interested to know why you feel that way. Have the club, players and management not met the urgency of your expectations? Are you concerned that we are to static in the market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.