Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking that and I think we’ll be fine. Grealish/Foden on the left, Mahrez/Palmer/Alvarez on the right
In pure numbers probably. The pace and positional knowledge, movement off the ball Raz is in a league of his own. Prob the smartest player without the ball out of the lot easily.

It doesn’t make a different. He can walk for free next year and we don’t have a say in where he will go
I don't mean don't sell him, but not to Chelsea..sell him to Barca or Arsenal even if it means a bit less.. his 20+ goals a season to a direct rival will be a big help

We can't sell him if he doesn't want to be sold, he's not a table or a piece of furniture.
In my opinion, it’s pretty obvious he’d happily go this summer if the right offer comes in, his head wasn’t in the right place last season, and there’s too many of these snippets out there. No smoke without fire.

Last edited:

Thing is, he wants guaranteed starting status which he isn’t going to get at the elite clubs. Nobody really does unless you’re the best in the world (KDB, Rodri etc.) at what you offer.

Would hate him to go to Chelsea, mind. I’d like to hope he remembers that racist prick a couple of years back.

Im my opinion, it’s pretty obvious he’d happily go this summer if the right offer comes in, his head wasn’t in the right place last season, and there’s too many of these snippets out there. No smoke without fire.

He's sitting this one out mate, he'll go on a free next summer and collect his winnings. There again we could both be wrong but I can't see it.

Im my opinion, it’s pretty obvious he’d happily go this summer if the right offer comes in, his head wasn’t in the right place last season, and there’s too many of these snippets out there. No smoke without fire.

I'm not sure that's the case. This feels very much like part of a contract negotiation. He absolutely isn't going to move to another PL club. He's not stupid and he knows that it will not enhance his brand to play an extra 10 games a season but win the square root of fuck all. It's a non starter.

I agree that if Madrid were to come knocking with a big offer he'd probably jump at it, but that has always been the case with him. The rest of the so called interested parties - well Barcelona haven't got a pot to piss in, and Bayern are absolutely going to land Mane.

This is just my opinion, but I think ultimately Sterling is smart and aware enough about how good he's got it at City. There's little point in running his contract down because the situation next summer will be the same as this. There is only really one club that he would want to go to and if they aren't interested this summer they won't be interested next when he's a year older.

I think he ends up signing a new deal.

I'm not sure that's the case. This feels very much like part of a contract negotiation. He absolutely isn't going to move to another PL club. He's not stupid and he knows that it will not enhance his brand to play an extra 10 games a season but win the square root of fuck all. It's a non starter.

I agree that if Madrid were to come knocking with a big offer he'd probably jump at it, but that has always been the case with him. The rest of the so called interested parties - well Barcelona haven't got a pot to piss in, and Bayern are absolutely going to land Mane.

This is just my opinion, but I think ultimately Sterling is smart and aware enough about how good he's got it at City. There's little point in running his contract down because the situation next summer will be the same as this. There is only really one club that he would want to go to and if they aren't interested this summer they won't be interested next when he's a year older.

I think he ends up signing a new deal.
I think he’d go to Chelsea, they’d pay the wages and need some fresh blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.