Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am grateful for all Sterling has done for the club (not that he hasn’t been handsomely paid).

With regard to him leaving part of me think it’s a case of not realising what you’ve got till it’s gone.

But if we get a good fee then I wouldn’t be too upset to see him go. Hes just not getting any better both technically and in front of goal. I would hope either there is an alternative in our youth set up or our scouts earn their pay

Personally I would be more upset to see Jesus go.
That alternative is Cole Palmer.

If given the chance I think he will quickly prove he is better than Sterling, and he has a much higher ceiling for his talents.

One will be extremely hungry to prove himself. The other will no doubt be professional but subconsciously going through the motions.

In terms of needing quick wingers with pace I don't recall the great Barcelona side under Pep relying on them.

That alternative is Cole Palmer.

If given the chance I think he will quickly prove he is better than Sterling, and he has a much higher ceiling for his talents.

One will be extremely hungry to prove himself. The other will no doubt be professional but subconsciously going through the motions.

In terms of needing quick wingers with pace I don't recall the great Barcelona side under Pep relying on them.

He is already better technically but there is more to the game. Whichever way Raz wants to play it is fine. If he is here next season then I think it's time to accept he will frustrate and delight as per normal.

Can I just say that he's been a great signing for us. Proved himself time and again. Maybe this is his time to move on as he might not get the game time he wants under Guardiola - I've no idea. However, he's been very good for us. Yes, he's missed chances, but he's converted a lot as well and unlike players in other teams he doesn't rack a load of penalties up. I find him frustrating at times, but he keeps going.

Can I just say that he's been a great signing for us. Proved himself time and again. Maybe this is his time to move on as he might not get the game time he wants under Guardiola - I've no idea. However, he's been very good for us. Yes, he's missed chances, but he's converted a lot as well and unlike players in other teams he doesn't rack a load of penalties up. I find him frustrating at times, but he keeps going.
That’s true, as he usually misses the penalties

I think that criticism would be fairly pointed in other directions
Could be at most of our players, however I just found it funny you mentioning pens when he’s pretty shite at them anyway. 50% conversion I believe

Would a Pulisic + cash for Sterling swap make sense?

We'd get another type of winger and massive financial bonus from the shirt sales over in America.

I wouldn't have even considered it but I look at espn and they are all fawning over Pulisic and want him to move to salvage his career.
He is massively overrated and is nowhere near good enough for us

Would a Pulisic + cash for Sterling swap make sense?

We'd get another type of winger and massive financial bonus from the shirt sales over in America.

I wouldn't have even considered it but I look at espn and they are all fawning over Pulisic and want him to move to salvage his career.
Hudson-Odoi might be a better fit, but still a step down from Raz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.