Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling has been offered a new contract and that's been on the table for a while. Ahsan (billyshears) is well informed and has been saying this for a while. The problem is he (Sterling) doesn't seem to want whatever's on offer, for whatever reason. It's nothing to do with what we've done or not done.

I'm not convinced he really wants to be here longer term and his form has dropped off a cliff. He still gets goals and assists but even his biggest fans can't deny he's not the incredible talent has was a couple of years ago. He needs to find his spark again.

Let's face it, when the team is announced and he isn't in the starting XI, how many still think "No Sterling? WTF is Pep thinking?"

I'd take £45m plus maybe £5m add-ons. He owes us nothing and it gives us a very tidy profit.
I can accept any decision on Sterling, stay or go.
I've never got the feeling he's ever connected with the club or fans like other City players.
Not a problem with him being professional and treating it as a job, if he goes I hope he gets a decent send off from the fans.

Sterling has been offered a new contract and that's been on the table for a while. Ahsan (billyshears) is well informed and has been saying this for a while. The problem is he (Sterling) doesn't seem to want whatever's on offer, for whatever reason. It's nothing to do with what we've done or not done.

I'm not convinced he really wants to be here longer term and his form has dropped off a cliff. He still gets goals and assists but even his biggest fans can't deny he's not the incredible talent has was a couple of years ago. He needs to find his spark again.

Let's face it, when the team is announced and he isn't in the starting XI, how many still think "No Sterling? WTF is Pep thinking?"

I'd take £45m plus maybe £5m add-ons. He owes us nothing and it gives us a very tidy profit.
He’s no Jordan Ibe though!

He’s got no intention of signing a new contract, there’s always been a reason why he can’t and delay after delay. Sell and get some funds back to help reinvest in any other areas of the team. Let him go to Chelsea if that’s where he wants to go. We will be stronger than them whoever Chelsea get. Same with Jesus

Good move if we sell him on. I think Pep has squeezed everything he can out of Raz, the only way is down for him I think. If we get 100m for him and Gabby - incredible business by the club. Ready made replacement in Palmer so we won't need to buy.

Tend to agree with PB’s comments. I think Raz needs to move on to reinvent himself somewhere else. My only concern is whether we can get this done in time to bring in an adequate replacement.

I think Sterling would do very well, playing with the added space we would gain with Haaland.

His best performances have always been with an out and out striker.

I would like to see him have one more season and could see it being successful.

However it must be around 65 million for that one season (if we where offered around 50 million and save his wages), so could see why City would take a sale.

Whether a replacement would come in, I doubt.

I’ll be disappointed to see him go, I thought Haarland’s arrival might have brought a positive reaction in his form.

As said above, he clearly doesn’t see his long term future here or he’d have signed the contract offered to him.

He achieved so much and City but frustrated the life out of me at times. I’ll always remember his outstanding cross for the first goal against Villa. The move that started the comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.