Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, he would be far better than the rest of Chelsea’s forwards. They lack pace up front and quality, Sterling would give them that. Plus they also have the psychological plus of taking a player off of a rival.

I mean logic from Sterling’s side, not Chelsea’s. I’m well aware why they’d want him? All their wingers are fuckin gash

If he rips it up pre season you never know.

Has potential to be better than Raz

Needs game time though, either with us or on loan like you say
Did he not get a HT against Preston last pre season as well as a couple of other goals? that should of alerted championship clubs but he might of got an injury I think, got loads of potential this lad but like you say needs some proper mens footy

Will Chelsea have a problem with homegrown and club trained players? Are Lukaku and Christensen along with Azpilacueta who might be going all club trained? What are they doing with Loftus-Cheek? How many slots do they have? If they're going for Sterling and Ake for this reason we should hold out for as much as we can.

Azpi was signed as a 22 year old from the French league.

And no, probably not to be honest. We have as of right now (subject to change obviously)

Mount
Hudson-Odoi
Gallagher
Broja
James
Colwill

Ake would certainly help there as he would count as a club trained player but how would Sterling help? We didn't train or develop him? Same reason we don't consider Chilwell and Barkley club trained players. Declan Rice would be one though, if we signed him.

That said, if I'm being totally honest, I'd rather we stayed well clear of Sterling, and especially Ake. Sterling because, though he is a good player, I believe we can and should aim higher, plus he would probably come in on 300k per week wages or more and that would make him our highest paid player by a mile.

With Ake, I just don't think he's very good. Nice squad player but it's seems stupid to spend tens of millions on average squad players. Plus we've had him and didn't think he was good enough. I believe we had first refusal with Bournemouth too and chose not match City's bid for him, because he just wasn't deemed good enough.

I think Sam Edozie could replace Raz if given half a chance
Been impressed with him.
Could be a big pre season for him

Jesus Christ. Seriously? The lads literally played hardly any football for the first team and you’re thinking he can replace an England international who’s scored more goals for Pep at City than any other player bar Aguero. Honestly..

I think Chelsea will bite and offer City around £52m, I’m so glad City are playing hard ball with all clubs.

I'd be pretty upset with my club if we actually went back and offered 50m - at 35m I can just about accept going after your leftovers, but anything more than that, I'd rather just go and overpay for Nkunku.

According to Sly Sports, City and Chelsea aren’t too far apart agreeing a fee. Only £25mill! Chelsea - £35miil, City - 60mill. £50mill should do it.

Sterling offers pace in running behind. It is something only him and Foden offer in the past season since Torres left.

However with the arrival of Haaland - the greatest outlet running behind. And Cucurellia is not extremely pacy but still way much quicker than Zinny. I can still see the balance of pace. Plus if Philipps come it will be more pace in the midfield (if he can get back to his form before injury) than our old Ferna. And Palmer and Álvarez also offers freshness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.