Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be sad to see him playing for another premier league team against us, but that's football. He has been brilliant, but sometimes, like when goalkeepers drop clangers, the sitters he has missed will live long in the memory.

The thinnest squad in the league and we would probably sell Jesus, Sterling, Bernardo, Gundogan, Ake, and Zinchenko without any replacements. What a genius idea!

Jesus. Exactly how far up his arse are you?!…. Foden does that in his sleep. As does Mahrez, as does Bernardo, as does Palmer. Not to mention KDB. Or are you wanking off over Sterling because he can run fast now?.
Easy tiger. Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning?

Unlike the snake......He seems a straight up kid,no nonsense,no bullshit....just wanting to do what's in his own best interest and hiding nothing.

I did expect him to see out his contract though,so,yes,a decent fee is a wonderful bonus.
I really don’t see how it’s in his best interest though. He’s been crying out for a striker to take the goal scoring pressure off him, we’ve bought 2 of the best. Jesus is leaving and we’re not looking to replace. If his only competition at RW is Mahrez over the course of a 60 game season, you’d say he’d get a good amount of games. He’s on good money, he starts for England and he’s got the best chance of winning trophies here.

Not going to cry if he leaves and I’d snap their hands of for 50mil, but I’d much rather he signed on and stayed.

More how he beat his man than the cross itself something we hadn’t managed very well until Raz came on.
He may be fast at running. It’s funny how far it’s come when people are using this as a metric for how great he is by the way. Others beat a man and deliver that cross by using skill - KDB, Foden, Palmer, Mahrez, Bernardo.

People concentrate on Raz’s misses in front of goal but beating his man through sheer standing start acceleration plus a perfect cross to Gundo started our comeback against Villa and is something we will miss if he goes.
We would miss it if it was a regular occurrence.

Granted,he chose his moment to get that right perfectly....but lets not pretend we can count on him to do that on a frequent basis.

There is just so much about his game that is inconsistent and flakey,we need players we can rely on - permanent 8/10 and above types,and he is anything but.

If he is to go then good luck to him. He’s been a good signing for us. He’s a good player but I don’t think he will be a huge loss for us at this point, when you look at the talent we have. But he’s still a good addition to any squad, so if he stays another year then that’s good for us too.

I can fully understand why he might want to go to a club where he has more chance of starting every game, and you can’t really knock that.

I’m not too worried about him going to Chelsea, with all due respect to Sterling, we should have more than enough ability in our squad to be finishing above Chelsea whether they have Sterling or not.

So if Mahrez and Sterling want to go, we need 2 new wingers. Palmer is not a first-team material. We have the shortest squad in the league and we couldn't rely only on Haaland, Foden, Grealish, and possibly Alvarez. From the great attacking power, we are becoming simply short in terms of options.
Palmer not first team material? Are you sure?

The thinnest squad in the league and we would probably sell Jesus, Sterling, Bernardo, Gundogan, Ake, and Zinchenko without any replacements. What a genius idea!
Just stop. Come back and comment when we sell all of them in one window without ANY replacements. Gundogan is going nowhere, Zinchenko will have a replacement. Jesus has a replacement in Haaland. Sterling has one in Palmer and Bernardo has one in Torres.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.