Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good player, total professional but make no sense to keep him if he wants out.
From the team pov - we already have a proven striker in haaland and backup in alvarez.... so goals are there so sterling will have to play out wide and maybe deeper which he does not prefer.

from raheem prespective - he obviously feels left out .. especially in the last two seasons where we have slightly changed the way we play with more slow deliberate buildup and more focus on quick passing in small spaces higher up the pitch. He is now below kdb and bernado in the pecking order in terms of imp to the team which will be reflected in the wage structure and now has to compete for minutes with foden,grealish,mahrez,alverez and palmer - all younger and inexperienced than him.

Also, this is obv conjecture ... he probably wants something new after seven seasons under pep ... new coach ..new way of playing and new scenery.

You’re right. It screams of “I want to stay”. I’m not sure why we booed Milner for leaving. He obviously wanted to stay - even with the contract on the table..
We didn’t boo Milner for leaving. We applauded him in his first game back at the Etihad.

We boo’d him after daring to celebrate scoring against us and daring to say “the team spirit at Liverpool is the best I’ve experienced in my career”. I have no problem with either, and think we really mainly boo him because of Liverpool’s and the media’s treatment of Sterling.

We didn’t boo Milner for leaving. We applauded him in his first game back at the Etihad.

We boo’d him after daring to celebrate scoring against us and daring to say “the team spirit at Liverpool is the best I’ve experienced in my career”. I have no problem with either, and think we really mainly boo him because of Liverpool’s and the media’s treatment of Sterling.
Incorrect. I was there and there were plenty of boos because people knew he’d fed the club lies about what he wanted but was intent on leaving anyway.

If he goes, I hope City get a good enough deal. If he doesn’t, will still back him while he wears sky blue.

Know of his strengths and weaknesses. He will and has frustrated me but he still puts a shift in, and I cannot begrudge that. If he does end up leaving, I’ll wish him the best in his future endeavours.

If Sterling does go could we not boo him & shout abuse at him for years when he plays against us, then the media might say what great fans we are, what a wonderfull atmosphere we create, you know those magical night games at the Etihad etc etc :-)
Normally we don't have a history of doing that, can only.think of Barton, Sturidge, Distin and Milner every getting a negative reaction upon return.

Sterling has never put in a transfer request or slagged us off so why would there be ill will.

Normally we don't have a history of doing that, can only.think of Barton, Sturidge, Distin and Milner every getting a negative reaction upon return.

Sterling has never put in a transfer request or slagged us off so why would there be ill will.
I think you missed my slightly criptic point about the dipper fans.

Yeah milner got applauded at first, and then he publicly took a bunch of shots at city for no reason over a couple of years. He got booed and then never did it again. You could see how shocked he was lol. Mission accomplished I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.