Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
direct replacements aint a big thing for Pep imo. I have a feeling he will revamp our game this summer, hopefully for the better), no more false 9 system, which served us quite well in the league btw, but I expect much different outlook from fullbacks and the way we play, and yes it could more of a chance of 4231, 4213 with fullbacks having much more attacking tasks down the wing. or at least there will be certain games to go with this plan.

Or giving up two goal lead in the home derby where Sterling missed a chance in the first half in that game.
mate we can go round and round, everyone misses chances, eez football as Bobby Manc used to say.

Raheem has been a great buy for us, scored and made loads of goals and helped us win loads of trophies, we'll miss him more than some people know.

mate we can go round and round, everyone misses chances, eez football as Bobby Manc used to say.

Raheem has been a great buy for us, scored and made loads of goals and helped us win loads of trophies, we'll miss him more than some people know.
We might if we don’t win much next season, but we might not if we win the bigger trophies again with a refreshed, younger, hungrier squad.

A lot of revisionism around him but still arguably our best winger/wing forward..Just offers us a different kind of threat to our other options.

In terms of a replacement,keep hearing the club trusts in Palmer/McAtee but I'm sorry but not convinced..Pep just hasn't shown enough form for this. Yes,he probably rates him highly and would want to blend him in,but so did he with Phil and look how long it took Phil to become a fixture in the starting XI. He is just isn't throwing Palmer out there.

I don't agree with it,but I can buy the line that they wouldn't be looking for a replacement this summer,probably more to do with the fact that the one they'd want is Nkunku and with that cheap clause next summer,it's got our hands written all over it,but the line that 'Palmer,McAtee' line just smells like BS
One way to think of it…

When Chelsea got a transfer ban they had to use players from the Academy that they would normally not have picked.

It was sink or swim and some swam like crazy.

Palmer and McAtee are brilliant prospects and if Pep says they are ready believe me they are ready. Much better to produce our own with an affinity for the club than another signing.

I cant wait.

We might if we don’t win much next season, but we might not if we win the bigger trophies again with a refreshed, younger, hungrier squad.
I don't think we'll stop winning trophies, we're obviously stronger with Haaland and once he settles in, i'm convinced he scare the life out of teams. With Pep still in charge the team will only get better too.
I think Raheem would have benefitted from playing with Haaland, but i can see the sense in this move.

A forward missing a chance to make it 3-0 in the first half is to blame for our defence completely collapsing against a shit United side?
Or 2-0 is a dangerous scorline and Sterling burying that chance gives us more security. Saying that we had another legitmate claim for a Penalty in that game which should of given us the 3 points in that game.

Great if we would sell him for 55-60M£
Not great not to sign a replacement.

Same with Jesus both will be cut loose at the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.