Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gnarby doesn't have a good record regarding injuries.
Not true. On average, he's missed 3 games a season due to injuries (excluding Covid) since joining Bayern and switching to a Vegan diet. Played 42, 46, 38 and 45 matches in the past 4 seasons.

Sterling would of missed the chance against Southampton in the Centurion season. Saying that if we sell Sterling along with Jesus we will be very short in squad depth regardless of who we have just signed.
You never know though, just like If he wouldn't have scored this cracker v southampton earlier on in the season, we may not have even been in the position to get 100 points!

A lot of revisionism around him but still arguably our best winger/wing forward..Just offers us a different kind of threat to our other options.

In terms of a replacement,keep hearing the club trusts in Palmer/McAtee but I'm sorry but not convinced..Pep just hasn't shown enough form for this. Yes,he probably rates him highly and would want to blend him in,but so did he with Phil and look how long it took Phil to become a fixture in the starting XI. He is just isn't throwing Palmer out there.

I don't agree with it,but I can buy the line that they wouldn't be looking for a replacement this summer,probably more to do with the fact that the one they'd want is Nkunku and with that cheap clause next summer,it's got our hands written all over it,but the line that 'Palmer,McAtee' line just smells like BS

A great servant and a very good player made better by City.
But some of the doom on here if Raz does go startles me.
I might be in the minority here but i can not wait for the new season to start with the array of attacking options Pep has at his disposal.
Raz as made excellent and telling contributions throughout his city career but so have many many others.
If he does go we will all wish him the very best, just like we would with Jesus or Bernie and have done with other legends of the club.
But this is city, it is not a Messi and Barca situation/split (a one man team).
We are a fantastic TEAM that as continued winning titles after the likes of Vinny, Sergio and David S etc have gone.
I for one am extremely confident we will win the league again this season, and more than likely be top scorers in Europes top 5 leagues again with or without Raz

It’s exactly what @asahartford1 and I were saying yesterday

Yes I saw that article.

Perhaps he was eavesdropping.

A lot of revisionism around him but still arguably our best winger/wing forward..Just offers us something our other options don't.

In terms of a replacement,keep hearing the club trusts in Palmer/McAtee but I'm sorry but not convinced..Pep just hasn't shown enough form for this. Yes,he probably rates him highly and would want to blend him in,but so did he with Phil and look how long it took Phil to become a fixture in the starting XI. He is just isn't throwing Palmer out there.

I don't agree with it,but I can buy the line that they wouldn't be looking for a replacement this summer,probably more to do with the fact that the one they'd want is Nkunku and with that cheap clause next summer,it's got our hands written all over it,but the line that 'Palmer,McAtee' line just smells like BS
We still have Mahrez and Alvarez has signed plus Palmer so we have options.
As Haaland is, more than likely, going to start and the system changes, maybe we'll be relying on wingbacks to provide more of the width and just load the midfield with creativity e.g. Kev, Bernie, Foden and Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.