Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say I am excited that we are making big changes to the squad. I will worry about the replacements stepping up soon enough. Sometimes you have to change personal to keep competing even if that means losing a few stars. We all wanted sterling to sign for the last 2 seasons but he did not. It’s that simple. No regrets from the club. Contract was offered.

I think Palmer is an exceptional talent but that's all he is at the moment. He isn't ready to replace an established international. Also as said, it would be nice to have someone who can go on the outside. Mahrez/Palmer can't

Fair enough. Personally I think we will be fine without buying a replacement.

I think Palmer is an exceptional talent but that's all he is at the moment. He isn't ready to replace an established international. Also as said, it would be nice to have someone who can go on the outside. Mahrez/Palmer can't

Neither will Grealish on the left, leaves only Foden will go outside. Means we may get very narrow unless the full backs really push on.

More than repaid us with his time here - specifically 17/18 and 18/19 - but before and after those seasons have been massively hit and miss. It says just how good those two seasons were that he'll be considered a City great because of them.

One of the most frustrating players I've ever watched but also one of those most exhilarating too with his pace, movement and dribbling.

Aside from a few games here and there since 18/19, he's looked stale and in need of a change so I think it'll do him some good. At least we're getting some money for him rather than him going on a free. Just a shame it's not abroad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.