Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are losing Sterling and Jesus and don’t deliver a top quality replacement for one of them we have weakened our squad.
So after Torres left and Palmer was hurt we went with basically Foden, Mahrez, Sterling, Grealish, and Gabby the rest of the way...so if Sterling and Gabby are out and Haaland and Alvarez are in plus Palmer returning we are weaker? How so? I personally think we could use one more attacking player, but the squad is not weaker...Phillips is an upgrade over the current Dinho...Cucurella coming in gives a legit natural LB...and Ortega may be an upgrade over Steffen...so again someone has to explain to me how we are weaker...I've done some math and if Raheem goes and Cucurella comes in we are at a net of 56 mil to the good, including the sell off of the younger non 1st team players...I honestly believe my favorite, Bernardo, will leave finally next Summer and we will combine the money we made this year with his fee and move for Bellingham and Nkunku who has a very affordable 60 mil buyout coming into effect...someone please name me a club in better stead than ours anywhere in the world both in the current and in the long term picture...just sayin'...

Did they edit the bit where he started the comeback.?
No….they showed the mishit cross :) do you think his demeanour/body language has been right? For me it’s been way off, there’s been a massive difference between his performances & body language for City & England, the reasons are self explanatory but the fact we pay his wages & he was under contract, as well as being part of a squad that faces mass rotation means he should’ve got his head down & performed, he’s done it before, Mahrez churned out great numbers & was rotated as much

So after Torres left and Palmer was hurt we went with basically Foden, Mahrez, Sterling, Grealish, and Gabby the rest of the way...so if Sterling and Gabby are out and Haaland and Alvarez are in plus Palmer returning we are weaker? How so? I personally think we could use one more attacking player, but the squad is not weaker...Phillips is an upgrade over the current Dinho...Cucurella coming in gives a legit natural LB...and Ortega may be an upgrade over Steffen...so again someone has to explain to me how we are weaker...I've done some math and if Raheem goes and Cucurella comes in we are at a net of 56 mil to the good, including the sell off of the younger non 1st team players...I honestly believe my favorite, Bernardo, will leave finally next Summer and we will combine the money we made this year with his fee and move for Bellingham and Nkunku who has a very affordable 60 mil buyout coming into effect...someone please name me a club in better stead than ours anywhere in the world both in the current and in the long term picture...just sayin'...

Because Palmer is nowhere near as good as Sterling or Jesus. We play about 60 games and will get injuries and suspensions. Liverpool’s questionable medical policy means they almost never get injuries or fatigue, so we cannot afford such a drop in quality when we rotate.

Sterling is pretty decent at what he is, a winger. He's fast, creates chances, makes good runs and chips in with a fair few goals. He works hard too and tracks back. He got shoehorned into trying to play through the middle and he's not great at that. Yes he can frustrate at times but we'll miss him if he goes.

Because Palmer is nowhere near as good as Sterling or Jesus. We play about 60 games and will get injuries and suspensions. Liverpool’s questionable medical policy means they almost never get injuries or fatigue, so we cannot afford such a drop in quality when we rotate.
But it's Palmer AND Alvarez AND Haaland who would replace Sterling and Jesus.

We'd have six players (ok, 5.5 with Palmer) for three spots up front. We're also stronger in midfield with Phillips in for Fernandindo, so even if we have an injury crisis in the front line, we have Silva, who has played nearly 150 games as a winger.

If we have a crisis in midfield, we have Grealish and Foden who have played their as often as they've played on the wing.

Things move on and to be honest I don’t get frustrated with our players often. If city get 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper I get out my seat if it’s sterling I don’t and 99.9% of the time I’m right. I think it’s time for him and us. He may play better in a different team where he can run into space rather than sideways forward.
typical city you know if he leaves and is 1 on 1 he will bag it against Ederson but I honestly think we will be ok

Sterling has been a great player for us, but he's hit his ceiling. He hit it a few years ago and there's a reason why Pep doesn't pick him in the proper big games. He's appalling when it comes to 1-on-1s and he still plays like he is a 21 year old with a lot of promise. Don't get me wrong, movement wise he is world class but he does not have a football brain at all. That's why he isn't worth £100m. Hand on heart, if he was through against Real in the 93rd minute how many would put £100 on him to score? I wouldn't.

We will get around £50m for a player in the last year of his contract. He's not that good, sorry to say. I wouldn't pay that now if we were to buy him. Pep is prepared to let him go to a rival, that tells you all you need to know. Pep knows more than we do. Simple as that.

If someone would've said to me 3 months ago that we'd sell Sterling and bring in Haaland - that's effectively what we're doing, I'd have snapped their arm off.

It's good business for us and gives Sterling a chance to earn more money, but less trophies which is what he wants. Good luck to him.

So you're saying we're weaker as a squad...how? Haaland and Alvarez don't count? Phillips, Cucurella, and Ortega don't count?...Palmer is gravy...if he pans out early we're even that much better...we played 60 games last year too, with injuries and suspensions...I'm asking how are we weaker?...Objectively...

everyone is replaceable, we wouldnt have won 4/5 if that wasnt the case. For the most part Sterling is frustrating with brief moments of magic that other players we have couldnt do but time to move on for him. his body language on the last day seems obvious hed run his course with us. his work for that first goal may have added another $10m on his price for us so good work and everyone wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.